The slobs among us...

rod

Retired 22 years
The time it took to get my truck back where I wanted it after returning from vacation was just added to my "load" time in the morning and "check in" time at night. There were times it took an extra half hour to "check out". Sure they got mad about the extra time but they got over it. In the 30 years I worked UPS I can't recall anyone finding another persons piss bottle in a truck. We must be more civilized up here.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The ones that keep a sloppy truck, probably have sloppy homes also. I don't get the laziness either. Probably comes down to those who have tremendous work ethics and those that halfazz everything and have crappy work ethics. I always sweep my truck out on Fridays and I have all of my supplies in a plastic storage container that you can pull out the stuff like a droor. That way it keeps all the supplies from getting dirt and wear and tear on them. Little intangibles make the job easier and more organized. Like I said its the difference between having a tremendous work ethic and a poopy one, plain and simple lol.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We are getting two new package cars and I was asked if I wanted one of them. I was a bit surprised as mine is in excellent shape with "only" 116K on the odometer. The mechanic told me that I was chosen because I keep my PC as clean as possible, take care of it and write it up when needed. He then went on to name several of my co-workers who he would never even consider giving one of them to because they are slobs. I guess being a "neat freak" does have it's rewards.
So in the BoG mechanics assign vehicles? Who repairs the trucks? The porters?

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

I had a cover driver leave a bottle of urine in the freaking cup holder. Found it and immediately got on the phone and called him in front of 5 other drivers and requested that he come get his "hazmat" bottle off the dash board in my truck. All 6 of us watched him humbly remove it ..... He never did that again!!!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Isn't that a D.O.T. violation? Unreadable signatures on a DVIR?
Doesn't appear to be. Just says it has to be signed:

§ 396.11: Driver vehicle inspection report(s).
(a) Equipment provided by motor carrier. (1) Report required. Every motor carrier shall require its drivers to report, and every driver shall prepare a report in writing at the completion of each day's work on each vehicle operated, except for intermodal equipment tendered by an intermodal equipment provider. The report shall cover at least the following parts and accessories:
(i) Service brakes including trailer brake connections;
(ii) Parking brake;
(iii) Steering mechanism;
(iv) Lighting devices and reflectors;
(v) Tires;
(vi) Horn;
(vii) Windshield wipers;
(viii) Rear vision mirrors;
(ix) Coupling devices;
(x) Wheels and rims;
(xi) Emergency equipment.
(2) Report content. The report shall identify the vehicle and list any defect or deficiency discovered by or reported to the driver which would affect the safety of operation of the vehicle or result in its mechanical breakdown. If no defect or deficiency is discovered by or reported to the driver, the report shall so indicate. In all instances, the driver shall sign the report. On two-driver operations, only one driver needs to sign the driver vehicle inspection report, provided both drivers agree as to the defects or deficiencies identified. If a driver operates more than one vehicle during the day, a report shall be prepared for each vehicle operated.
(3) Corrective action. (i) Prior to requiring or permitting a driver to operate a vehicle, every motor carrier or its agent shall repair any defect or deficiency listed on the driver vehicle inspection report which would be likely to affect the safety of operation of the vehicle.
(ii) Every motor carrier or its agent shall certify on the original driver vehicle inspection report which lists any defect or deficiency that the defect or deficiency has been repaired or that repair is unnecessary before the vehicle is operated again.
(4) Retention period for reports. Every motor carrier shall maintain the original driver vehicle inspection report, the certification of repairs, and the certification of the driver's review for three months from the date the written report was prepared.
(5) Exceptions. The rules in this section shall not apply to a private motor carrier of passengers (nonbusiness), a driveaway-towaway operation, or any motor carrier operating only one commercial motor vehicle.
(b) Equipment provided by intermodal equipment provider. (1) Report required. Every intermodal equipment provider must have a process to receive driver reports of, and each driver or motor carrier transporting intermodal equipment must report to the intermodal equipment provider or its designated agent, any known damage, defects, or deficiencies in the intermodal equipment at the time the equipment is returned to the provider or the provider's designated agent. The report must include, at a minimum, the following parts and accessories:
(i) Brakes;
(ii) Lighting devices, lamps, markers, and conspicuity marking material;
(iii) Wheels, rims, lugs, tires;
(iv) Air line connections, hoses, and couplers;
(v) King pin upper coupling device;
(vi) Rails or support frames;
(vii) Tie down bolsters;
(viii) Locking pins, clevises, clamps, or hooks;
(ix) Sliders or sliding frame lock.
(2) Report content. (i) Name of the motor carrier responsible for the operation of the intermodal equipment at the time the damage, defects, or deficiencies were discovered by, or reported to, the driver.
(ii) Motor carrier's USDOT number; intermodal equipment provider's USDOT number, and a unique identifying number for the item of intermodal equipment.
(iii) Date and time the report was submitted.
(iv) All damage, defects, or deficiencies of the intermodal equipment reported to the equipment provider and discovered by, or reported to, the motor carrier or its driver which would
(A) Affect the safety of operation of the intermodal equipment, or
(B) Result in its mechanical breakdown while transported on public roads.
(v) The signature of the driver who prepared the report.
(3) Corrective action. (i) Prior to allowing or permitting a motor carrier to transport a piece of intermodal equipment for which a motor carrier or driver has submitted a report about damage, defects or deficiencies, each intermodal equipment provider or its agent must repair the reported damage, defects, or deficiencies that are likely to affect the safety of operation of the vehicle.
(ii) Each intermodal equipment provider or its agent must certify on the original driver's report which lists any damage, defects, or deficiencies of the intermodal equipment that the reported damage, defects, or deficiencies have been repaired, or that repair is unnecessary, before the vehicle is operated again.
(4) Retention period for reports. Each intermodal equipment provider must maintain all documentation required by this section, including the original driver report and the certification of repairs on all intermodal equipment, for a period of three months from the date that a motor carrier or its driver submits the report to the intermodal equipment provider or its agent.
(c) Corrective action. Prior to requiring or permitting a driver to operate a vehicle, every motor carrier or its agent shall repair any defect or deficiency listed on the driver vehicle inspection report which would be likely to affect the safety of operation of the vehicle.
(1) Every motor carrier or its agent shall certify on the original driver vehicle inspection report which lists any defect or deficiency that the defect or deficiency has been repaired or that repair is unnecessary before the vehicle is operated again.
(2) Every motor carrier shall maintain the original driver vehicle inspection report, the certification of repairs, and the certification of the driver's review for three months from the date the written report was prepared.
(d) Exceptions. The rules in this section shall not apply to a private motor carrier of passengers (nonbusiness), a driveaway-towaway operation, or any motor carrier operating only one commercial motor vehicle.
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/title49/section/396.11

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I had a cover driver leave a bottle of urine in the freaking cup holder. Found it and immediately got on the phone and called him in front of 5 other drivers and requested that he come get his "hazmat" bottle off the dash board in my truck. All 6 of us watched him humbly remove it ..... He never did that again!!!
Once again ill lay out the proper procedure for pissing in a bottle. You piss in the bottle and then you dump out the bottle in the road or grass where you piss. ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE IDIOTS lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Do you want to be the UPS driver who ends on on Youtube for standing on the side of the road next to his PC with his pecker out taking a leak?? Maybe he doesn't, either. There's a lot more privacy in the back of the truck.
Smart driver always pisses in back of truck, don't know who would be a :censored2: and piss on the side of the road, but if you do piss on side of the road you better hide in some trees lol.

Yes, it is. Nobody seems to care about this issue as well as the biohazards left for me in and on the vehicles.
No respect
image.jpg

JL 0513

Don't take the chance of dumping your piss bottle in the vicinity of any civilization. Being near a home or business is 99% of the day. Very little opportunity to do it. All you need is to be on video pouring piss out of a bottle.