The UPS Strike, 20 Years Later

W

What The Hawk?

At our union meetings, we're talking about mandatory docks, no more than two/three trucks per loader, others want $15/hour (I don't)..so much discussion..I think a strike will be happening.

W

What The Hawk?

Two ain’t gonna happen. 4 max with a 1,150 unbagged piece count cap seems like something reasonable that the Company shouldn’t balk at. 3 regular routes plus a light rural route, or 2 heavy routes plus a regular.
Tell that to my sup, :censored2: does sh* his way. We're doing 7+ trucks on some days (on the belt). It's ridiculous.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

At our union meetings, we're talking about mandatory docks, no more than two/three trucks per loader, others want $15/hour (I don't)..so much discussion..I think a strike will be happening.

Mandatory docks? Are you talking about bid loading positions? Not gonna happen. The preload sup needs the flexibility to move the preloaders as needed.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
7+ pkg cars? Yeah, I don't think so.
This happens on Mondays during non peak time in my building due to Saturday ground. Preload loads the Monday routes as well on Saturday, so when Monday rolls around volume is “light” and it’s not unusual to see one loader pulling six or seven cars.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This happens on Mondays during non peak time in my building due to Saturday ground. Preload loads the Monday routes as well on Saturday, so when Monday rolls around volume is “light” and it’s not unusual to see one loader pulling six or seven cars.

I can see that but I think she was saying that it is done in her center on a regular basis.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Mandatory docks? Are you talking about bid loading positions? Not gonna happen. The preload sup needs the flexibility to move the preloaders as needed.

We called them load platforms. Those portable (sorta) things behind the cars giving room to stack out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Different thing.

You (probably) wouldn't see them in a small building, with a straight line belt.

-Bug-

These are yellow, about 2’ wide and the length of the rear of a pkg car. They are primarily used for commercial routes.

We also have yellow hard plastic steps that the shorter drivers and loaders use to safely reach the top shelves in the pkg cars.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
These are yellow, about 2’ wide and the length of the rear of a pkg car. They are primarily used for commercial routes.

We also have yellow hard plastic steps that the shorter drivers and loaders use to safely reach the top shelves in the pkg cars.

This what is considered a load stand.

9MEC2_AS01

In bigger buildings that have a "box line" ....

The platform would look like this:

1024x1024.jpg

This might be what you are referring to. Just a difference in terminology.

Just like "yard bird or yard horse".

-Bug-