The YES vote on the ups freight contract will be strong

F

Frankie's Friend

Brother you have some very fine points. Things to bring up next proposal meetings.
Thanks. Unfortunately, they will not care unless the leadership changes to folks that care what we say. And then there's the problem of our local BA who sat in front of the ups membership and lied about these fine points, saying it wasn't true.

Some people have given up. Some want to decertify and/or deauthorize their representation.

Some that step up to the plate to fight it win (Dallas) even though they're put down by old guard supporters, and it encourages the rest of us.

This union is at a turning point in my opinion and the outcome of the next general election will determine what's ahead.

Right now, if it was available, a national RTW law would affect thousands (much worse than TDU) and no one can say that the leadership didn't bring it on themselves.

The company resigned themselves to going back to the table.
Taylor, et al, said... Nope, we are done.

*What don't we understand about what happened? How could the leadership NOT take advantage of the company's willingness to renegotiate again, to better our contract?

For me, that is the telling question.

bowhnterdon

Not all of them. Some don't drive at all. Some, del and pick up airs...not ground service pkgs at pkg car rate although they get UPGRADED to FULL pkg car rate if they do happen to move ground service pkgs...after they work a sort inside.

You guys already bidding out permanent inside/pkg car jobs as a permanent bid for 22.3?...as a replacement 22.3 job and calling it 22.4 in the past?

How come the air drivers get paid ground rate if they deliver ground pkgs...but not by design?

Now it's watered down the pkg car rate on a permanent basis with the "leadership's" blessing and is offered instead of 22.3 jobs that are mandated.

22.5 feeder drivers are next?

Concessionary bullcrap destruction of package car rate jobs by people who dont give a flying ..

at it's finest failure in ups package car history.

Slipping down the pay rate mountain in the most economically prosperous time in years is telling what the strongest union in North America can do while holding the winning hand.

So, if the company was going to reduce overtime unilaterally across the board then why did we need 22.4s?

For weekend work?

I thought we had bid sheets posted for Saturday work and the jobs were filled by full time pkg car drivers in progression to full time rate or already at top rate.
May as well throw feeder work in there next...

and replace the inside/air exception and inside/inside 22.3 job offering with those too.

Maybe people are tired of driving and just want inside work without having to drive and especially if they can no longer pass the dot exam. The 22.3 jobs offerings are diminished with this deal.

Remember why 22.3s were (finally) "agreed to"? The pendulum swung both ways helping ft drivers who no longer wanted to or couldn't drive and part timers who were already working almost ft hours without ft status.
I was one of the Drivers that benefited from 22.3. Destroyed my ankle in Delivery, so a 22.3 helped me extend my career. Then, 4 years later a 22.2 bid came up, and I got it. Best job I have ever had at Brown...