The YES vote on the ups freight contract will be strong

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It did and by a lot.
This was my favorite part:

“The union told its members that the offer did not address all issue raised by workers, but it was putting the labor agreement up for a vote without a recommendation for or against, “as the consequences of this decision are yours alone to make.””

Wow! Some strong leadership right there!

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
Too bad pkg didnt get the message.
I can just about guarantee you that had we received the message "remove all personal items" there would've been a lot more "yes" votes. As a shop steward I've found there are quite a few drivers that are living paycheck to paycheck. Some beg the center manager to allow them to work their scheduled vacation while others are getting an early payout of their scheduled vacation, which I just found out was even possible. A lot of our coworkers ARE NOT in a financial or mental position to strike.

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward

“The union told its members that the offer did not address all issue raised by workers, but it was putting the labor agreement up for a vote without a recommendation for or against, “as the consequences of this decision are yours alone to make.””

It was likely put out for a vote to avoid any legal issues that could arise from NOT putting it out. All it takes is one member stating that they didn't have the opportunity to vote on the 2nd offer in which they would've voted "yes" on to avoid a strike which could impact their family. I know it probably sounds crazy however you have to minimize those chances.

F

Frankie's Friend

I can just about guarantee you that had we received the message "remove all personal items" there would've been a lot more "yes" votes. As a shop steward I've found there are quite a few drivers that are living paycheck to paycheck. Some beg the center manager to allow them to work their scheduled vacation while others are getting an early payout of their scheduled vacation, which I just found out was even possible. A lot of our coworkers ARE NOT in a financial or mental position to strike.
My point was that there would've been a second offer.
Instead, the first offer was deemed the final offer and imposed.
Freight got a deeply concessionary first offer, bettered (mostly to the prior language) and thus got the message about clearing personal items.

If we had our language bettered we would've gotten the message too because that is how the "leadership" played it.

That's my point.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I don’t know Sean but I would bet my house he wouldn’t have said that....2021 can’t get here fast enough!!!!!

Last edited:

wide load

I don’t know Sean but I would bet my house he wouldn’t have said that....2021 can’t get here hast enough!!!!!
Not at all. He’s always given us guidance. I would have had more respect for Taylor if he just said “We don’t know what’s going to happen and we are afraid.”

LagunaBrown

Not at all. He’s always given us guidance. I would have had more respect for Taylor if he just said “We don’t know what’s going to happen and we are afraid.”
Oh god here we go, you guys are already using this for political reasons. You never miss a chance to hype up your boy. You should make a S.O. fanboy club.

wide load

Oh god here we go, you guys are already using this for political reasons. You never miss a chance to hype up your boy. You should make a S.O. fanboy club.
Once again, I was answering a question ass hat. Sean will be way better than your sellout RH. Nice video btw. I’ve never seen such a Hoffa dick drinker before. I thought Taylor was bad. That dummy couldn’t even post accurate language and some outright lies. But what can you expect from the West? The sun must affect your tampons.

browndevil

Once again, I was answering a question ass hat. Sean will be way better than your sellout RH. Nice video btw. I’ve never seen such a Hoffa dick drinker before. I thought Taylor was bad. That dummy couldn’t even post accurate language and some outright lies. But what can you expect from the West? The sun must affect your tampons.
Expect from the west? We have the strongest supplemental language in the nation. Thank you R.A. M.friend. & J.B.

LagunaBrown

• Once again, I was answering a question ass hat. Sean will be way better than your sellout RH. Nice video btw. I’ve never seen such a Hoffa dick drinker before. I thought Taylor was bad. That dummy couldn’t even post accurate language and some outright lies. But what can you expect from the West? The sun must affect your tampons.
    What the hell are you babbling about Patricia?

browndevil

Who fills in for your vacations? If you want to argue over the semantics of a title, go right ahead
First of all brother I'm not arguing with you. The person covering my route right now is an unassigned driver who makes exactly what I make. Full scale. So what point am I missing?