There is no 25% hybrid driver limit

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
If the amount of regular Saturday or Sunday volume in a building consistently requires RPCD drivers to work Saturday or Sunday because of the twenty-five percent (25%) limit, the Package Division Director
and UPS President of Labor Relations shall be allowed to adjust the limit based on demonstrated service need

Yes thats right your concession queen Denise Taylor can adjust the 25% cap at will.

Do you trust this guy?

Ibt.io/22.4b

CoolStoryBro

The number of saturday routes proposed in the center I work in is greater than 25% of the total RPCD's. However, I know that at least 10% of our RPCD's consistently work a 6th day when available.

Superteeth2478

If the amount of regular Saturday or Sunday volume in a building consistently requires RPCD drivers to work Saturday or Sunday because of the twenty-five percent (25%) limit, the Package Division Director
and UPS President of Labor Relations shall be allowed to adjust the limit based on demonstrated service need

Yes thats right your concession queen Denise Taylor can adjust the 25% cap at will.

Do you trust this guy?

Ibt.io/22.4b
That language doesn't matter much anyways, if there isn't a penalty for going above that 25% figure. On top of that, they probably will anyways and just pay the penalty if there is one. And on top of that, look closely at the language on that 25% percent figure. It's 25% of the number of RPCDs in the building. So any new buildings will not have any RPCDs since the company can just hire 22.4 positions from the start, and never will because 25% of zero is zero.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
i don’t think there’s a building in the country that runs 25% or more of its FT staffing on a saturday

you’re probably safe on this one

Careful friend. I am in the top 33% on the seniority list and barely made the cut to stay Monday-Friday and not Tues-Sat! I think you paint with too broad a stroke on this one.

BLMqMDmPDUxOg.gif

specter208

That language doesn't matter much anyways, if there isn't a penalty for going above that 25% figure. On top of that, they probably will anyways and just pay the penalty if there is one. And on top of that, look closely at the language on that 25% percent figure. It's 25% of the number of RPCDs in the building. So any new buildings will not have any RPCDs since the company can just hire 22.4 positions from the start, and never will because 25% of zero is zero.
Not exactly, if a new building starts and the company hires for example 25 22.4s, they would have to create also 75 regular FT driving spots.

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
There needs to be a limit on the hours they can work in a day. It is a combo job not just a driver job so if a hybrid driver drives for more than say 4 hours in a day he should be paid OT rate or get full time driver pay all day or something to prevent the company from just using them as lower paid regular driver. If they did that I would be okay with it.

Light

Careful friend. I am in the top 33% on the seniority list and barely made the cut to stay Monday-Friday and not Tues-Sat! I think you paint with too broad a stroke on this one.
I am a new driver off the street and got hired in june I am in the mid west however they put me in preload I am wondering if they are keeping me there until august so they can put me on the new contract no the old contract
anyone have an insight

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I am a new driver off the street and got hired in june I am in the mid west however they put me in preload I am wondering if they are keeping me there until august so they can put me on the new contract no the old contract
anyone have an insight
You must qualify and have your 30 days of driving before aug 1

Superteeth2478

Not exactly, if a new building starts and the company hires for example 25 22.4s, they would have to create also 75 regular FT driving spots.
One can only hope that's how the language will be interpreted, but I'm certain that they've already discussed that contingency with their lawyers and already know that they'll be able to fully staff all new buildings with hybrid drivers without creating full-time positions. Look closely at the language. It's all about the technicalities, and if it suits them, they'll interpret that language literally. It clearly says 25% of the full-time drivers in the building. A new building has no employees. I could be wrong.

Staydryitsraining

There needs to be a limit on the hours they can work in a day. It is a combo job not just a driver job so if a hybrid driver drives for more than say 4 hours in a day he should be paid OT rate or get full time driver pay all day or something to prevent the company from just using them as lower paid regular driver. If they did that I would be okay with it.
They shouldn't be allowed more than 4 hours of driving time.

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
They shouldn't be allowed more than 4 hours of driving time.
Agreed, but since we know how much UPS likes to follow the contract, there needs to be a financial penalty that would make it more expensive to use a hybrid driver than a regular driver after four hours. That's the only way they would actually think about not doing it. The union seems to like the slap on the wrist penalty though that doesn't do anything to change company behavior.