Thinking of switching from preload to twilight

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
... Can someone tell me what the twilight shift entails? .
Rxpv.gif

WTFm8

And if any drivers gives you grief, you purposely ruin their day once and they leave you alone after they I promise. Start taking bulk stop pieces to the shelves, labels facing the walls they get the idea pretty fast

Doesn't bother me anymore... I'm use to :censored2: loads because my truck looks like peak every day and safety along with supervisors mention it to the building manager.

If my load is :censored2: as far as labels facing rear or walls I'll write it up.

End of the day it's all more OT pay for me. Required to go through truck 'by 1pm' to check for missloads anyhow so that's when I'll spend 30-45 minutes arranging everything on the clock and relocating all the labels to face the aisle.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
There are easier things to do on preload
Namely: anything that does not consist of loading or unloading package cars and trailers.

Twilight load/unload is basically identical to preload load/unload. But it might be more relaxing to know that there is no pressure to get late air canisters unloaded.

Hours are almost always less, I am getting 5-6 hours on the preload, twilight is running at around 4-5. The overtime minutes really add up.

If you want to stay preload, try to get into boxline sorting or the irreg train if you have either of them available. Both get some of the longest hours and are fairly fun and supervisor-free.

john chesney

Been on preload a few years. Since after this new contract passes they are getting rid of the extra skill pay.. I figure why wake up at 3am and deal with harrasment etc on preload anymore.. Can someone tell me what the twilight shift entails? I know its starting at 5:30pm ish and will probably be fewer hours than preload. But what do they do exactly.
It’s like the same thing just throw :censored2: everywhere just at a different time and direction.Then I’m sure somewhere down the road a driver has to fix it and are the only ones at ups that can’t make even the slightest mistake

AwashBwashCwash

Been on preload a few years. Since after this new contract passes they are getting rid of the extra skill pay.. I figure why wake up at 3am and deal with harrasment etc on preload anymore.. Can someone tell me what the twilight shift entails? I know its starting at 5:30pm ish and will probably be fewer hours than preload. But what do they do exactly.

Preload has a known reputation for being :censored2:ty but I'm going to warn you now, twilight aint no cakewalk.
First of all get ready for a big temperature change. It's going to be hot as hell, and if you're in the trailer you can expect to be performing very strenuous labor in 110 degree heat for several hours every night. At the end of our sort everyone is walking around with their clothes completely soaked like they were pushed into a pool.
Speaking of loading the trailer, it sucks btw. IDK how it is at your hub but at mine we are very understaffed. I load all the trailers by myself every night. I'm not sure how seniority works when switching shifts but since you'd be the new guy on twilight I'm assuming they'd put you in the trailer. Unloading the package cars is the easiest job on twilight because you work at your own pace and you're just setting stuff on the belt and having it roll gently away. Scanning sucks because the unloader usually doesn't give a :censored2: how they are putting stuff on the belt. Loading the trailer sucks for very obvious reasons.
One of the things that really sucks about twilight is that your work is largely dependent on when the drivers make it back to the hub. We've had nights where drivers weren't back til 10:30 with their pick-ups and we had to fire up the belt again right when we'd normally be leaving.
After the load is done you either wash trucks and check oil, or fuel them and park them.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Doesn't bother me anymore... I'm use to :censored2: loads because my truck looks like peak every day and safety along with supervisors mention it to the building manager.

If my load is :censored2: as far as labels facing rear or walls I'll write it up.

End of the day it's all more OT pay for me. Required to go through truck 'by 1pm' to check for missloads anyhow so that's when I'll spend 30-45 minutes arranging everything on the clock and relocating all the labels to face the aisle.
And since it doesn't bother you anymore I bet you're not going to take your day out on your preloader and give him a reason to :censored2: up your load in the first place