Thinking of switching from preload to twilight

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Thats what I thought, the only thing stopping me from switching before was losing that extra $1, but now that I wont lose it anymore Im gunna look into it. Thanks
I started part-time for 5 years on the preload, was a pickoff, sorter, unloader, and loaded package cars. Since I went FT I've bid every hub shift and most every position (day, twi, night, preload) and the twi is definitely a more laid back time than preload. Preload is the end of the line, the most important operation really, so the pressure is really high. The midnight might be the most laid back of all.

floridays

We put my dad through hell. I just look back on all of the things me brothers and sisters and I did to our parents and think ":censored2: that".

Then even if I wanted to have my own and "raise them right" you send them to a public school and they learn from all the other little bastards running around who's parents rather be their kid's best friend than their parent.
I need to read more from you, I think I saw a spark of intelligence.

Db2400

Been on preload a few years. Since after this new contract passes they are getting rid of the extra skill pay.. I figure why wake up at 3am and deal with harrasment etc on preload anymore.. Can someone tell me what the twilight shift entails? I know its starting at 5:30pm ish and will probably be fewer hours than preload. But what do they do exactly.
A whole lot easier

AwashBwashCwash

Honestly at this point I'd rather do preload.
I've been pulling doubles and covering on preload for the past couple months and it's so simple. I walk through the door, I climb into the trailer, and I shut my mouth. Throw boxes onto the belt for 4 hours then walk out the door to a bright and crisp morning sky. ez.
Twilight is a whole different story. Drama queens, betrayals, soap operas about who gets to park, who gets to fuel, who has to wash, people hitting trucks, people ripping the hose off the pump, feeder guy screaming at you because he had to pull 3 minutes after scheduled time.
Trailer isn't stacked high enough, not enough packages were sent small, drivers leaving their trucks in a line wrapped around the building because they're too lazy to park them, drivers leaving packages in the back of the car without telling anyone, drivers refusing to take rts stuff to the computer, drivers taking their keys home because they're too stupid to remember not to and now their big ass truck is in the middle of the lot blocking everything.
The mechanic needs that truck you just parked, management changed the line up order again without telling you go repark everything, hey why aren't you done parking yet, and on and on and on

specter208

We put my dad through hell. I just look back on all of the things me brothers and sisters and I did to our parents and think ":censored2: that".

Then even if I wanted to have my own and "raise them right" you send them to a public school and they learn from all the other little bastards running around who's parents rather be their kid's best friend than their parent.
Having children is a great blessing.

Days

A whole lot easier

Nothing wrong with being busy. It makes the time go by a lot faster. Loading trucks can be fun if you choose to make it fun. The worst part about pre/load is coming in early. Some centers starting as early as 3 AM. Your wuality of sleep will suffer

DD1311

Once they're in school, you'll be away when they're home, eating dinner, or doing activities. You can only see them at breakfast
They are in school already. The only days I might not get dinner done and them fed before I leave is Monday and Tuesday. Plus I do get to spend some time with them when they get home before I leave. Honestly now that I'm not here with them all night they actually miss me and want to spend time with me when I am here.