Thinking of switching from preload to twilight

dudebro

Been on preload a few years. Since after this new contract passes they are getting rid of the extra skill pay.. I figure why wake up at 3am and deal with harrasment etc on preload anymore.. Can someone tell me what the twilight shift entails? I know its starting at 5:30pm ish and will probably be fewer hours than preload. But what do they do exactly.

Don't have any work related items that haven't been said already.

I will say this, don't switch to twilight if you're planning to, or have, kids.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Thankfully for you, your parents didn’t share the same opinion.
We put my dad through hell. I just look back on all of the things me brothers and sisters and I did to our parents and think ":censored2: that".

Then even if I wanted to have my own and "raise them right" you send them to a public school and they learn from all the other little bastards running around who's parents rather be their kid's best friend than their parent.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It's going to be hot on twilight bro. That's why I like working preload. Coolest time of the day

And if any drivers gives you grief, you purposely ruin their day once and they leave you alone after they I promise. Start taking bulk stop pieces to the shelves, labels facing the walls they get the idea pretty fast

Here's a dirty little secret for you, Randy. Anytime a loader attempted to make my day miserable, I made damned sure that his/her next week would be miserable.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Here's a dirty little secret for you, Randy. Anytime a loader attempted to make my day miserable, I made damned sure that his/her next week would be miserable.

Look I'm not condoning ruining each other's day and making a contest about it. There's just no reason to walk around mad at each other. We all know who the real enemy is, it's not part timer vs full timers.

But how did you ruin a preloaders week I'm genuinely curious

watdaflock?

Been on preload a few years. Since after this new contract passes they are getting rid of the extra skill pay.. I figure why wake up at 3am and deal with harrasment etc on preload anymore.. Can someone tell me what the twilight shift entails? I know its starting at 5:30pm ish and will probably be fewer hours than preload. But what do they do exactly.
You'll regret it.

Hope this helps.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
I rather unload a trailer than load one. Local sort is easier on the stress level but I got a chance to get know folks that made my transition from preload to driver real easy.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Twilight shift is nice if you load semi trailers, stick to one trailer or two light semis a night. You will get your full 5 hours if you want, or 3 hrs if you want to go earlier. Loaded semis for 5 years the only issue I ran into was irregs and special over 70s that come every once in a while. Heat is going to be the one issue stated earlier, other then that I would switch.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

Better quit, start as a new hire catch up raises in no time, they are giving bonuses up to $350 + gift cards + miscellaneous. Right now is a good deal. Better than a popsicle, hot dogs and chips. My goal its obtaining that UPS shirt, though.:flirtysmile3:

KOG72

I’m full of it
Better quit, start as a new hire catch up raises in no time, they are giving bonuses up to $350 + gift cards + miscellaneous. Right now is a good deal. Better than a popsicle, hot dogs and chips. My goal its obtaining that UPS shirt, though.:flirtysmile3:
Make sure to send me a picture when you get it and remember don’t wear any bottoms

mikejonesjr

Non of that going on in my area. I would be furious if it was tho