This can't be happening!!! UPS DRIVER CAUGHT NEW VIDEO AFTER FEDEX AFTERMATH

C

chuchu

I bet this guy was delivering to a friends house or maybe even his own house and was just screwing around.
So how do you explain the release of this damaging video to the TV station and then to the public? You have to be on crack to put your job or the line for that "sensation". My bet is that the driver is a lower seniority driver (and non-bid) and he treats the packages the same way his helper did. If my helper did that just one time and also gave the camera the finger he'd have to use his thumb next to get a ride back to the center.

Morons. Being union doesn't give us the right to abuse, I don't care what was in the package.

The people that ordered that shipment pays our wages. Fire em both.

C

chuchu

Since it was brought up.....America allows thousands to die every day by choice......and that's not a truck they even have a chance to get out of the way of.

Which is worse? You be the judge.

C

chuchu

Its not the driver's job to train a helper... its the company's.
The helpers work methods are also the drivers responsibility. If the driver allows his/her helper to work unsafely, unethically and against known company rules the driver will be held accountable.

I'm a steward and I sure wouldn't want to have to try to get someone's job back if the employee knew the helper was doing these things and did nothing about it.

It would be a slam dunk for the company. The driver is responsible for his helpers actions if the driver knows the helpers actions are wrong and does nothing about it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Driver being fired? That's a little harsh. Should be spoken to about how he's training his helper. A good tongue lashing would suffice hear.
Ya know what.........thats like a not real well thought out comment. there is a certain amount of training the helper should have, or he shouldnt be helping. As for me, thats why I refuse helpers. Im not going to be responsible for a helper working safely, when we have telematics because they dont trust me to work safely. They dont trust me to deal with dogs, I do that all wrong too, although I was not in the high amount of dog bites I hear about every day. I actually did it wrong, did not get bit, but got reamed anyhoo, so how can I be trusted to teach someone how to avoid one. I flunked.
If I need a helper, I am buried in boxes, I can be frustrated all by my ownself. Since I obviously know nothing, and constantly do everything wrong, how can I train? . Training is not MY job, training is their job. Dont send me someone to train, when I need help. Just come get my air and leave me alone.

tourists24

The helpers work methods are also the drivers responsibility. If the driver allows his/her helper to work unsafely, unethically and against known company rules the driver will be held accountable.

I'm a steward and I sure wouldn't want to have to try to get someone's job back if the employee knew the helper was doing these things and did nothing about it.

It would be a slam dunk for the company. The driver is responsible for his helpers actions if the driver knows the helpers actions are wrong and does nothing about it.
What in the world are you talking about? Slam dunk? No, it is the company's responsibility to train all its workers. It has never been a condition of employment to train a worker. We are paid to deliver and pickup. Im not saying a driver shouldnt speak up if they felt it necessary, but its by no means a condition of employment to train a helper to use the methods.

C

chuchu

What in the world are you talking about? Slam dunk? No, it is the company's responsibility to train all its workers. It has never been a condition of employment to train a worker. We are paid to deliver and pickup. Im not saying a driver shouldnt speak up if they felt it necessary, but its by no means a condition of employment to train a helper to use the methods.
Training is one thing. Destroying UPS shipments and giving a customer the finger through their surveilance camera has nothing to do with methods. Allowing and condoning unethical, unsafe, and improper actions of an employee that is working at YOUR discretion and under YOUR direction in YOUR truck makes you liable because the driver is not reporting the helpers action, therefore approving of their actions.

I suppose you wouldn't feel responsible if your helper walked in front of the truck to make a delivery across the street and got run over by a car when you watched the helper do that all day, knowing it was unsafe and never said a word to the helper about it all because "it is the company's responsibility to train the helper".

tourists24

Training is one thing. Destroying UPS shipments and giving a customer the finger through their surveilance camera has nothing to do with methods. Allowing and condoning unethical, unsafe, and improper actions of an employee that is working at YOUR discretion and under YOUR direction in YOUR truck makes you liable because the driver is not reporting the helpers action, therefore approving of their actions.

I suppose you wouldn't feel responsible if your helper walked in front of the truck to make a delivery across the street and got run over by a car when you watched the helper do that all day, knowing it was unsafe and never said a word to the helper about it all because "it is the company's responsibility to train the helper".
that is correct... when the company trains the helper all the methods should be taught. It is that helpers job to do it correctly. How am I suppose to know if my helper gives the finger to a security camera? I am in the back of my truck sorting my next stops. They are not working at "my" discrestion. UPS decided to give me a helper. I asked not to have one and I was forced to take one. It is not "my" truck". My instructions involve telling the helper where to leave a box. It is their responsibility to do it as trained by UPS. If a driver sees a problem it is fine to try and give advice but it is by no means our responsibility to hold their hand and take the blame if something goes wrong. If you are willing to let a driver take the liability then maybe you shouldnt be a steward

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

I smell a troll, but yes I would feel bad.
I do not feel that it is my fault if a helper does not know how to cross the street safely...I do not feel crosssing in front of the truck is unsafe, Sometimes it is the only safe way.
Just one more reason not to have a helper.
if they cant cross the street safely, I dont need the help.
Just because UPS says it is the safest way, I dont always agree it is. I may have to do it as terms of employment, I dont have to agree.
in any case I make that decision for myself.
I will keep myself safe and alive, regardless of what the proper procedure may be. Id rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

gostillerz

Does anyone really expect a helper making $9/hr for a month to memorize the 8/5 keys , and be a proper "representative" of UPS? You get what you pay for.

C

chuchu

that is correct... when the company trains the helper all the methods should be taught. It is that helpers job to do it correctly. How am I suppose to know if my helper gives the finger to a security camera? I am in the back of my truck sorting my next stops. They are not working at "my" discrestion. UPS decided to give me a helper. I asked not to have one and I was forced to take one. It is not "my" truck". My instructions involve telling the helper where to leave a box. It is their responsibility to do it as trained by UPS. If a driver sees a problem it is fine to try and give advice but it is by no means our responsibility to hold their hand and take the blame if something goes wrong. If you are willing to let a driver take the liability then maybe you shouldnt be a steward
The point is: if you know and do nothing about it you are liable. I am a steward that stands up for the employees I work with....your judgement means nothing to me. I have never seen anyone win a case for irresponsibility and no one asked you to "hold someone's hand". Yes, it's "not your truck". Evade the point. Claim ignorance.

If you don't feel responsible for someone who is "green" to the safety pitfalls of our job and you couldn't care less how the customers packages are handled I guess I'm glad I'm not your steward because I would rather devote more energy to employees who value quality and appreciate a $31 per hr job who honestly just make a mistake and need representation.

I'm not a troll but I'm glad I'm not one of your customers either.

tourists24

Does anyone really expect a helper making $9/hr for a month to memorize the 8/5 keys , and be a proper "representative" of UPS? You get what you pay for.
around here they are paid 10.50,,, but I see your point.... doesnt matter anyway. At our center we were told if we wanted a knowlegable helper we would have to train them. Thats when I told them I didnt want one,,, was forced to anyway. I was hired to deliver and pickup.... not to be a babysitter

C

chuchu

I do not feel that it is my fault if a helper does not know how to cross the street safely...I do not feel crosssing in front of the truck is unsafe,////A helper in our district was killed when he crossed the street in front of the truck a few years ago because they were in a hurry and didn't see or hear the car coming.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The point is: if you know and do nothing about it you are liable. I am a steward that stands up for the employees I work with....your judgement means nothing to me. I have never seen anyone win a case for irresponsibility and no one asked you to "hold someone's hand". Yes, it's "not your truck". Evade the point. Claim ignorance.

If you don't feel responsible for someone who is "green" to the safety pitfalls of our job and you couldn't care less how the customers packages are handled I guess I'm glad I'm not your steward because I would rather devote more energy to employees who value quality and appreciate a $31 per hr job who honestly just make a mistake and need representation.

I'm not a troll but I'm glad I'm not one of your customers either.
Gimmee a break. We all aprreciate our job. as a steward, if u are you know we are not slackers. Asking us to be responsible for the simple things of delivering is a bit much. I had a helper one night, for 2 hrs. I pulled up so he could go across the steet to deliver a pkg, and he got out his door and delivered it to the house on his side while I was in back of the truck sorting. What that cost me, is not worth having a helper. If they were not taught to verify an address, I do not need the help. I specifically told him the house across the street, behind the chair, knock they are home. If he cant do that, if I have to watch him, why do I need him?
I had him 2 hrs, I ran 2 hrs late, what is the point? I do 20 an hour without him, 18 with him, what is the point. I can train, but not when I am slammed. I would rather be alone so I can cuss, talk to myself and get it done.
If they want us to train, it should be after thanksgiving, and not on peak day.
Merry Christmas, whatever ya all do.,

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
chu chu, sorry if a helper was killed, real sorry. Maybe they were not cut out, and should have been eliminated from the job. . Just makes me even more not want a helper. I have enough trouble being responsible for me. Im in my fifties, Ive never came close to being run over. its common sense. You get out, you look, lrl, you look again, you cross. if he was with a driver, who overdrove him, then thats another topic. I used to work with drivers as a jumper who made me jump out and get in while the truck was moving, still here. And standing, not using a jump seat. Somehow we survived. Sorry, real sorry someone got hurt, but it isnt for everyone. Maybe the people who hire should know how to sort them out. hire me, Ill sort them out.