This year's raises

vantexan

Well, since this thread has stayed mostly on topic, I have one question for you: do you still think that the collusion allegations are "fake news."
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? The Current Events forum reveals all.

Meat

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? The Current Events forum reveals all.

I have a theory that you are generally wrong about everything (hence "the oracle" moniker). In another thread you stated that the investigation had ceased due to a paucity of evidence - basically, you take everything the POTUS says at face value. Do you still stand by your assertion that the investigation is "fake news?" I'm interested in your opinion, as I think it will shed light on how the investigation plays out.

It will be fine

There are members of the BC staff that post about political issues on this forum all the time. Thanks for your gratuitous info, though.
They are active in the current events forum as well. You seem to want to argue politics. There are plenty of people there to argue with. This forum is for FedEx discusions. This isn't that hard, I'm not sure why you're confused.

Meat

They are active in the current events forum as well. You seem to want to argue politics. There are plenty of people there to argue with. This forum is for FedEx discusions. This isn't that hard, I'm not sure why you're confused.

If by confused you mean enlightened, then yes, I'm really, really confused. By the way, I seem to recall that you yourself have posted several political posts over the years; why are you taking the role of moderator now?

!Retired!

You guys should unionize.
As long as it's not with the IBT.
The trade unions are still very strong.
Depends on what state you live in.
Once again, the step by step raise was there. Why the confusion? Wasn't the raise pretty well spelled out in the chart? I don't recall the time frame for each step but don't people that aren't topped out get to the next step every year? I will hit the last step this Oct, wonder what raise I will get after that?
3%
LCGZ00

vantexan

I have a theory that you are generally wrong about everything (hence "the oracle" moniker). In another thread you stated that the investigation had ceased due to a paucity of evidence - basically, you take everything the POTUS says at face value. Do you still stand by your assertion that the investigation is "fake news?" I'm interested in your opinion, as I think it will shed light on how the investigation plays out.
No I don't take everything at face value and if you'd been paying attention you'd know what I think of Trump as an individual and how undignified he comports himself as President. Doesn't mean I disagree with everything thing he's trying to accomplish. Some of it is necessary and most of what he does is distorted by the Dems and their partners in the Press to prevent him from achieving his agenda and hopefully in their view get him somehow removed. Current hot button issue about meeting with Russian lawyer is absolutely, as Van Jones likes to say, a nothingburger. But anyways be a gentleman and don't make Operational Needs upset. Take it to Current Events. After all nothing can possibly be said on this forum that you don't know forwards and backwards so your obvious intellectual superiority is wasted on us truck drivers here.

Meat

If by confused you mean enlightened, then yes, I'm really, really confused. By the way, I seem to recall that you yourself have posted several political posts over the years; why are you taking the role of moderator now?

No response? Surprise, surprise, surprise - yet another BC member that is constipated: that is to say, straight-up, full of :censored2:.

It will be fine

No response? Surprise, surprise, surprise - yet another BC member that is constipated: that is to say, straight-up, full of :censored2:.
I made my point, there's nothing to debate with you. Political discussions belong in current events. Deflect all you want to, it doesn't change.

vantexan

You're hardly one to speak authoritatively on how to behave as a gentleman. Within the confines of my moral code (and gentlemanly) you treat your wife like :censored2:.
And again, you express very little knowledge about Express. Your reason for being here appears to be to glom onto details of other's lives and ridicule others for it. In my own case you can't stand that I was able to leave the company while you are working without benefit of a traditional pension and realize you most likely will continue to work a very long time. Anything to try to shame me about my choices in hopes of altering my goals. I can do a lot more for my wife financially by doing what I'm doing at this point in my life. Highly likely she will outlive me by 10 to 15 years. And you have no idea how I treat her or what goes on in other people's relationships. You're just a hateful human being looking to hurt others.

Schweddy

Balls
Your objection to Kaufmanesque humor has been duly noted. Or is it you just didn't have the wit to see it as such? Either way, your posts on the subject are getting to be redundant.

You didn't answer. Post details about this meeting you observe.

You play many hats and pose many politically loaded questions. You're a hs senior and now a well traveled guru. Like I said the other day, are you practicing how to be a Fedex manager? Always right?

McFeely

Huge Member
What percentage of US employees have a guaranteed pay raise at this point? 5 - 10 percent?

I don't know a percentage of who has a guaranteed 5-10% raise yearly. We don't have a guarantee of it either, thus the term "plan" that the company is using.

That's the point. My senior was bragging last fall that we'd all be getting about 6% raises because of this awesome plan. I got 3.5% because of where I fell in the steps. A ~6% increase this year would be nice, but I'm not counting on it yearly. I don't count on anything financially until I see it in my account.

Oldfart

I don't know a percentage of who has a guaranteed 5-10% raise yearly. We don't have a guarantee of it either, thus the term "plan" that the company is using.

That's the point. My senior was bragging last fall that we'd all be getting about 6% raises because of this awesome plan. I got 3.5% because of where I fell in the steps. A ~6% increase this year would be nice, but I'm not counting on it yearly. I don't count on anything financially until I see it in my account.
I believe you need to re-read his comment and watch for the comma.

Meat

Having some semblance of a pay-plan, however vague, is still better than what the majority of the working populace has.

3.5 percent, in this era, isn't too bad. The global economy no longer works for the majority of the global population; what do you expect? It's hardly an issue exclusive to FedEx.