This year's raises

fdxsux

Just curious, so do you think the majority of you guys would unionize, from the guy's you talk to in your local terminal?
I think my station would be split 50/50. Old timers vs new guys. Under the RLA it would be almost impossible to even get a vote since we would have to do it company wide.

fdxsux

So if you get moved up to the next step this Oct and again next Oct, will you still doubt the system?
Yes. It is still very likely that somewhere along they way they won't give raises or they'll only give cost of living because the economy is bad or oil prices go back up or this or that.

fedex_rtd

As long as the company does not cry about the TNT issue, I will expect that the top of range or step 10 guys will see a 2 or 3% raise in October. For the past 5 years or so the top of range has received a 3% yearly raise, so thats what I expect to see. I also expect each range to go up by the same percentage that the top of range employees get.

Since we have had a good year so far, and last years peak was a profitable one also, I am expecting to see everyone also get a step increase i.e.. step 5 to step 6, etc.

With those two combined I expect to see a 5 to 7% raise for those employees not at step 10

We should start to hear some numbers leaking out by early to mid September.

vantexan

As long as the company does not cry about the TNT issue, I will expect that the top of range or step 10 guys will see a 2 or 3% raise in October. For the past 5 years or so the top of range has received a 3% yearly raise, so thats what I expect to see. I also expect each range to go up by the same percentage that the top of range employees get.

Since we have had a good year so far, and last years peak was a profitable one also, I am expecting to see everyone also get a step increase i.e.. step 5 to step 6, etc.

With those two combined I expect to see a 5 to 7% raise for those employees not at step 10

And it very well could be that if you are at step 10 then you are at step 10, period. No more raises, at least for awhile. Now that company has committed to topping out in a certain amount of time could be that they'd like to nudge topped out couriers out the door. After all a new hire starting on bottom step needs 9 years to top out but topped out courier gets that pay all along.

fedx

Extra Large Package

Well that TNT computer hack attack gives them something to cry about. This article says TNT/FedEx may never fully recover: FedEx's TNT Reels From June Cyberattack as Damage Lingers

Oldfart

Nobody is already at step 10. The people that were previously topped out made it to step 9 and this Oct will move us to 10 unless bigger stations got a different raise than I did. After I top out again, I never heard what raises will be given then but I didn't ask that question since I will be gone by then. Hopefully the 3% or so will remain.

Oldfart

I'm talking strictly newhires. But absolutely, those with serious time in got screwed royally. It's why I retired. I was almost 55 and looking at another 9 years. I really wanted to say I at least made it to $20hr but not worth it.
You retired yet you keep on whining about everything. I know when I retire, getting on a company forum and worrying about stuff that happened 10 or 20 years ago will be last on my "To Do" list. Sure seems to be TOPS on your list.

vantexan

You retired yet you keep on whining about everything. I know when I retire, getting on a company forum and worrying about stuff that happened 10 or 20 years ago will be last on my "To Do" list. Sure seems to be TOPS on your list.
Dude if I live to be 90 I'm going to keep posting here for no other reason than to irritate you, LOL.

Schweddy

Balls
what made you come on here to begin with? How rare is it to have a "60+" yo come join a forum and be extremely active telling others they whine about everything?

Even if folks disagree with Van on some points, I'm sure they would agree that he's caring towards the folks here. Can't exactly say that about you, old fart.

2nd week of October2017 I am due to receive $1.03 raise step. I'll hit top pay in under 12 yrs. Bad as it sounds, some have it far worse

What step are you in now?

1.03 / .06 = 17.17 sooo step 1?

vantexan

Nobody is already at step 10. The people that were previously topped out made it to step 9 and this Oct will move us to 10 unless bigger stations got a different raise than I did. After I top out again, I never heard what raises will be given then but I didn't ask that question since I will be gone by then. Hopefully the 3% or so will remain.
The company said everyone will be on a step. Think they'll keep increasing Step 10 by 3% annually? Will that mean when one goes from 9 to 10 he'll get an extra large raise? Or will they increase every step 3% annually for inflation so that couriers on steps 1-9 get around 9% annually? Not going to happen either way. They're giving about 6% annually, and once topped out you're topped out. Might give an adjustment every 4-5 years depending on inflation, but company will most likely say they're giving good raises already, and top out is good enough.

dezguy

Just curious, so do you think the majority of you guys would unionize, from the guy's you talk to in your local terminal?
We had a union drive, up here during the recession. Didn't go anywhere because the old guard wouldn't benefit much from a union. As is, they get what they want from management, when it comes to in station decisions and have been topped out most their career.

As more and more of the old guys retire, there may be a better chance of unionizing at least some of our stations up here but because of the failure of the last drive, I'd be very surprised if Teamsters or another union take the chance in the next decade. Even then, FedEx will just throw a couple of BBQ's and give people a few bucks to pacify most of the workforce.

Serf

You might hit top pay in under 12 years.
Hah, correct. Even then, in 2026, 26$ per hour will be nothing to shake a stick at. Assuming all along that by that time express isn't just a premier P1 and FO service. With all P2 and express saver gone to ground.

Serf

what made you come on here to begin with? How rare is it to have a "60+" yo come join a forum and be extremely active telling others they whine about everything?

Even if folks disagree with Van on some points, I'm sure they would agree that he's caring towards the folks here. Can't exactly say that about you, old fart.

1.03 / .06 = 17.17 sooo step 1?
I'm actually in job category 7 not 8 as courier. Northeast region. I'll go from 18.85 to 19.88.

Serf

I hope you do but I wouldn't count on it. When I started I figured it would take me 11 yrs to top out based on my first couple of raises. Now after 15 yes I'm at a step 6. In the last 15 years there has been once or twice we haven't gotten any raises. There has been once or twice we've only gotten 2% because of a bad economy or whatever. Raises have gone from January to October which is basically another year without a raise. There is a lot that can happen in 12 years.
Oh sure, absolutely. Don't and can't count on it. I remember not too long ago when the couriers got 2% and handlers got 0. The only reason I hold out a little hope is because of the massive turnover. They have to dangle a bigger carrot.

fedex_rtd

WRONG...we have plenty of drivers at my station that are at step 10

MAKAVELI

All of our topped out drivers are currently at step 10.