Time to bump up that 401k

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Yeah I have an uncle that's the same way. He has a job and just toys with it on the side though.

Made enough this past year that he paid cash for a Colorado mountain top vacation home.

Everytime we get together we discuss investing.
By "pro" you mean Edward jones guy? Lol
No. I meant that he should stick with the basics of the 401k and let Prudential do the work for him.

A certified and trusted financial adviser is worth their weight in gold. Sometimes you can work with a family member or close friend. If that's their field of business. We've used the same firm for years. He does our planning, advising, accounting and taxes etc. and his partner does the lawyer side of finances and taxes. Worth the piece of mind.
We meet with them every 6 months for an overview and a reassessment of our goals and such. We also get detailed statements and such every month from them.

Their old friends and I've known the financial planner since high school.

I would suggest using someone you trust.

ManInBrown

I've gone from 6% as recently as 2 months ago up to 14% now. Also just started buying stock weekly. Save that money boys and girls. With this job there is no telling when it could end. Could step out of the truck tomorrow the wrong way and break your leg, and never be the same.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Your right I started buying old crappy houses with a brother in law years ago. first house we bought in 1985 for 25,000 put 10k in it sold it for for 50k.we try and buy one a year the last one we bought for 175k and sold for 299k but we put 50k in it never hold onto anything when it's done unload it. We're looking at an 8 plex right now that just came on the market we never really felt the big downturn in 2007 2008 the real estate market just kept chugging along. We do the demolition and hire most everything else out

Your right I started buying old crappy houses with a brother in law years ago. first house we bought in 1985 for 25,000 put 10k in it sold it for for 50k.we try and buy one a year the last one we bought for 175k and sold for 299k but we put 50k in it never hold onto anything when it's done unload it. We're looking at an 8 plex right now that just came on the market we never really felt the big downturn in 2007 2008 the real estate market just kept chugging along. We do the demolition and hire most everything else out
Sweet

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nice.

Some seem to have a knack for it and some can't ever make a dime doing it.