Time to bump up that 401k

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Very hard to do anywhere on the west coast....especially in California.... This isn't the great plains states....or the dirty south...no offense scratch..lol
I get that. Cost of living sucks in some places. But if you learn from the beginning to save 20% regardless, you set up good habits.

rod

Retired 22 years
Wonder what the next contract holds... Should be a fing riot..more split raises lots more surepost...healthcare changes....just the leftover crumbs????

Thank your lucky stars if you keep what you got---it don't sound like much unity going on there anymore.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
True but housing out west is insane....sandiego, la, sf, seAttle, Portland, everywhere....even apts. are outrageous .
Yeah I couldn't live out there and do this. Although some parts of south Florida are getting insane. Never seen the rent jump so high on rental properties. Good if you bought low.

Hard if you're starting out

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How pathetic is that.... You are a Walmart employee and you have a review and they say you are doing a great job so we're going to give you a raise .....for .10 an hour.

UPS4Life

I'm maxed out in 2 weeks then it's full paychecks for the rest of the year. Well, except the 5% after tax....
Wouldn't it be wiser to take the max allowed and divide it by 52 and figure out roughly the percent to be taken out each week. Congrats you maxed out already but what if the market dips in the fall? Just an observation just wasn't sure if there was more reasoning to it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm at 15% as soon as I decide to actually work everyday it's going to 20%.

Oh Roth also so yeah it's a big chunk from the paycheck.

The most recent data states that it costs about $250K to raise a child from birth to their 18th birthday. That does not include college.

I have a feeling you may be changing your savings strategy, especially if you guys are having a girl.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wonder what the next contract holds... Should be a fing riot..more split raises lots more surepost...healthcare changes....just the leftover crumbs????

Two tiered wage structure, longer progression, contribution toward healthcare premiums, extended use of helpers, increased use of technology for the purposes of discipline, etc.