Time to bump up that 401k

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's 10 years ahead of me
1693090348163.gif

brett636

July is nice. Mine was usually maxed by early/middle Aug-early September. Mine automatically stopped when you got to the limit.
It’s been a process to get it maxed out that early. The first year I maxed out my 401k it was the last two weeks of December. Every year when raise time came around I bumped up my contribution rate and it kept maxing out earlier. This year it stopped taking contributions the last week of July, and I’m not sure going for even earlier is worth it. I guess I need to put my money to work elsewhere.

Over70irregs

It’s been a process to get it maxed out that early. The first year I maxed out my 401k it was the last two weeks of December. Every year when raise time came around I bumped up my contribution rate and it kept maxing out earlier. This year it stopped taking contributions the last week of July, and I’m not sure going for even earlier is worth it. I guess I need to put my money to work elsewhere.
It is scary to think where to place your $ especially when this is part of your crutch…. “Big Tech is largely fueling the S&P 500's positive performance in 2023, with investors buying just seven stocks and selling pretty much everything else. Those seven stocks — Apple Inc., Alphabet Inc., Meta Platforms Inc. Microsoft Corp., NVIDIA Corp., Amazon.com Inc. and Tesla Inc.”.