Tips for Covering a New Route

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
BF848C1B-A0A7-40A5-96CB-B621BBE59B70.gif
Anytime I do a business delivery or pick up that I've never been before, I usually just park in the front and ask the customer where does their regular driver meets them at. Once I get the answer I make a mental note of that. So if I ever had to do it again, I will be able to remember where I'm suppose to go. Side, back, whatever.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
If you just qualified, you don't have to worry about rushing anymore. Run straight air, identify all the businesses and deliver them first, and then train yourself to look at the map on the diad once while your walking back to the truck. After that, drive around till you find it is the best way to learn a new route. Easy overtime! When I'm on a route blind, I hit em hard and make them pay.

Run straight air is some of the best advice you'll find. You'd be amazed the amount of stress that's lifted once you get all your air off on time. Then you can take the time to get your businesses and business savers organized.

Saca La

What is it?
I usually find the original driver or a driver that’s familiar with the route and ask them to run down what’s in my board for me. I’ll take their number and try to only call them when I’m really stumped on a stop. Other than that. One stop at a time, just like they trained you to.

KoennenTiger

Don't let the stress get to you. Don't pull into any areas that look even remotely dangerous just load up your dolly and walk them off. Call in and tell them you need help. Skip all resis and apartments, skip bars, skip hotel, skip all the lingerie shops, skip all the strip clubs they're all open late.

If you are feeling the heat just take a minute to relax. One box at a time. And enjoy that OT.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
If you know your covering a route the week before, take pics of load chart, ask the reg driver to go over pick up log etc. Study map of area over the weekend.
If thrown into a run day of have someone go over the run with you inside the truck and hopefully they can give tips etc.
I like to get off to a good start by taking my time during air and businesses. Avoiding any missed packages that have slid out of place or off shelf...once you get going in the right direction you will feel good and make better choices as the day goes on. At the end of the day if you've kept your cool and tried your best that's all that matters. After doing a run a couple times things will get easier.
Study a map over the weekend?
Are you nuts?

Dont go to fast or you will be thrown on hard routes all the time. Happened to me, up to 20 routes in less than a year. Sucks because I been a hard route for 2 months because people never get the route done so I have to do it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Dont go to fast or you will be thrown on hard routes all the time. Happened to me, up to 20 routes in less than a year. Sucks because I been a hard route for 2 months because people never get the route done so I have to do it.

How come you’re the only one that can get it done?

Runner Gunner?

Utility81

I’m a new driver, and I’m beginning to get exposed to routes other than my qualifying route. I could use some tips as far as morning game-planning or just advice on running blind in general. Any info is appreciated.
When they ask where “John” is, say he was in a horrible boating accident.

Utility81

If it's raining or snowing or anything and we leave the building late they always tell us that it's a weather day.
It’s crazy isn’t it. I’ve only been full time 9 years. But I remember it used to only me some major snow/ice that we could use weather dk
If it's raining or snowing or anything and we leave the building late they always tell us that it's a weather day.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Driver's do not get to decide how well they perform on a route anymore. It's just a roll of the dice between Orion and "enhanced" PAS preload.

KoennenTiger

Driver's do not get to decide how well they perform on a route anymore. It's just a roll of the dice between Orion and "enhanced" PAS preload.

Oh no. What's enhanced PAS preload?

I can't wait for them to start telling us we have to run 95% Orion. I run like 50% Orion at best. Orion wants me to drive like a mental patient. If I drove Orion I'd have five missed business and be over 9.5 every day.

Utility81

Hey I just work as directed. If I can deliver a few of these far off nda around 1730 my day sure is nicer
Yeah it’s easier for me and you. For the person that paid $130 for a NDA envelope multiplied by all the lates, it’s kinda bs for us to deliver it in trace when the root reason it was late was bc they are to cheap to start the preload at a reasonable hour. Just another reason why I quit buying the stock.

KoennenTiger

Yeah it’s easier for me and you. For the person that paid $130 for a NDA envelope multiplied by all the lates, it’s kinda bs for us to deliver it in trace when the root reason it was late was bc they are to cheap to start the preload at a reasonable hour. Just another reason why I quit buying the stock.

The new quarter is coming up. Hopefully this means preload will start before 5:30. In the meantime gas up every day.