Tired of helping others at end of day

But I also know the guys who are constantly getting screwed with dispatch and the ones who DO have an easy day but are throwing the anchor down... And the two above examples are understood by old timers like you and I but new drivers lump the two examples together... Thinking every driver who needs help is lazy... Not ok!!
I never ask for help. I just go do my job.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Dfinitely not running during the day and am taking my breaks, yet still finishing in time for pickups...so halfway through them I get a message saying others need help and to call when I'm finished. Can I tell the center no when they ask me to go help others out at the end of the day? Otherwise I'm just going to start going slow so I'm never done in time. I'm sick of it.
Have you asked about helping these people at beginning of day instead?

CleverNameHere

What a :censored2:e show job. It won't get better. Sorry to tell ya. People who have no imagination and are money motivated only are the only ones who can thrive. Save your sanity. Go find a job that won't pile more and more on you after an already insane workload for the day. No one wants to have regrets of too much time spent working while on their deathbed.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
What a :censored2:e show job. It won't get better. Sorry to tell ya. People who have no imagination and are money motivated only are the only ones who can thrive. Save your sanity. Go find a job that won't pile more and more on you after an already insane workload for the day. No one wants to have regrets of too much time spent working while on their deathbed.
You make it sound like you're a mercenary for Blackwater in Fallujah

ManInBrown

first off are they asking or directing you to help? Next time you get the green light of death, tell them "no thanks. I was dispatched with more then enough work"

Poop Head

Judge me.
No one wants to have regrets of too much time spent working while on their deathbed.
No-Regert.jpg

StoptheAct1212

I only help my fellow guys that i know, really need it... and the guys that go out there and work.... i refuse to help the slackers, and tell the boss, thats their problem, if they got guys milking it...

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
first off are they asking or directing you to help? Next time you get the green light of death, tell them "no thanks. I was dispatched with more then enough work"
People have done that here and got away with it...I've been very tempted...but I think I'm still too new

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Dfinitely not running during the day and am taking my breaks, yet still finishing in time for pickups...so halfway through them I get a message saying others need help and to call when I'm finished. Can I tell the center no when they ask me to go help others out at the end of the day? Otherwise I'm just going to start going slow so I'm never done in time. I'm sick of it.

You have a few choices !!!!!

A) SLOW DOWN......Pull in at 9.5.......Any extra work will lead to an Over 10

B) Stay the course.......help when needed.....make money......use extra money to call out sick with no financial burden

C) Stay the course.......help but bitch and moan to dispatcher/supervisor.......tomorrow you're dispatch goes up 15 stops because you're always done early

D) Stay the course.......help but tell supervisor it will cost him favors.......enjoy the extra day off or early Friday exit.....built relationship with your management

E) Refuse to work as directed....get fired...fill application at FedEx Ground.....tell all the drivers there that you were the best UPS driver ever

EITHER WAY YOU WANT IT, KID

ManInBrown

People have done that here and got away with it...I've been very tempted...but I think I'm still too new
Yeah it doesn't work all the time, but here's the thing. If they're really in a jam, and they need you to help it doesn't matter what you say. It's not working.

There's only one thing heroes at UPS get. More work. SLOW DOWN