Tired of helping others at end of day

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That used to burn me to no end, especially if the guy I helped had less seniority.
We had a guy that was notorious for that. Final straw was I needed to help him to stay under 9.5. He had almost an hour before 9.5. He gave me 15 stops in the subdivision and he took 3 stops on the road that heads back to the center. The subdivision was 2 miles from the center.

I called my driver sup and said don't ask me to help him again. He said I totally understand.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
IMG_5422.JPG
You are being abused!!! Roll damn tide!!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Once you take or give 5 stops, the center gets gigged. Even delivering too many misloads will make your route unmeasurable.
Your Orion route's solution becomes worthless when evaluated by the computers.
Everyone's right, you will be asked to cover pickups or grab pickup pieces over taking even one stop.

Re-Raise

One number for you ..$52.65 an hour!

In our "driver's office" this morning one of the new drivers said "I just try to get done as early as I can every day".

I looked at him and said "that is when they own you".

If they want to pay me $52.65 to drive over and deliver a handful of stops in an area that I don't know very well it is going to cost them!

I have worked a hell of a lot harder for a lot less.

Dr.Brownz

The dispatch is ok here, mostly the routes that are screwed are runner dummies anyway so it gets done. It's always a fiasco if a non-runner cover driver gets on those routes and I tell management all the time that is there problem for dispatching to a runner dummy.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Once you take or give 5 stops, the center gets gigged. Even delivering too many misloads will make your route unmeasurable.
Your Orion route's solution becomes worthless when evaluated by the computers.
Everyone's right, you will be asked to cover pickups or grab pickup pieces over taking even one stop.
I'll take the hit on ORION if it means making service. It's a lot easier to explain.

Indecisi0n

What a :censored2:e show job. It won't get better. Sorry to tell ya. People who have no imagination and are money motivated only are the only ones who can thrive. Save your sanity. Go find a job that won't pile more and more on you after an already insane workload for the day. No one wants to have regrets of too much time spent working while on their deathbed.
Feeders here we come!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Dfinitely not running during the day and am taking my breaks, yet still finishing in time for pickups...so halfway through them I get a message saying others need help and to call when I'm finished. Can I tell the center no when they ask me to go help others out at the end of the day? Otherwise I'm just going to start going slow so I'm never done in time. I'm sick of it.
Do you add time to your ETA? Start with that.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We had a guy that was notorious for that. Final straw was I needed to help him to stay under 9.5. He had almost an hour before 9.5. He gave me 15 stops in the subdivision and he took 3 stops on the road that heads back to the center. The subdivision was 2 miles from the center.

I called my driver sup and said don't ask me to help him again. He said I totally understand.

I know a guy who gave away twenty of thirty stops left at 6:30, then took lunch and went swimming at the pool in the apartment complex that he gave to the other driver. The other guy saw him swimming, it was like 98 out, lmfao. Classic.

vvv

I know a guy who gave away twenty of thirty stops left at 6:30, then took lunch and went swimming at the pool in the apartment complex that he gave to the other driver. The other guy saw him swimming, it was like 98 out, lmfao. Classic.
Sounds extremely familiar.......now let me get out from the front of this mirror. :)