Tired of helping others at end of day

vvv

Dfinitely not running during the day and am taking my breaks, yet still finishing in time for pickups...so halfway through them I get a message saying others need help and to call when I'm finished. Can I tell the center no when they ask me to go help others out at the end of the day? Otherwise I'm just going to start going slow so I'm never done in time. I'm sick of it.
Be thankful we don't have routes within striking distance buddy or you would be getting some area knowledge very soon!! :)

El Correcto

god is dead
I like when I get sent to help a lower seniority guy. Overtime goes by seniority, I get sent to help someone in a lost cause situation I'm dispatching myself 14 hours. They feel like they owe me after handing me a blank check. They rarely ask me to go help anymore.

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
Dfinitely not running during the day and am taking my breaks, yet still finishing in time for pickups...so halfway through them I get a message saying others need help and to call when I'm finished. Can I tell the center no when they ask me to go help others out at the end of the day? Otherwise I'm just going to start going slow so I'm never done in time. I'm sick of it.
That's what you have to do brother. The faster you work the more your to be :censored2:ed. I've learned in all my years there as a driver that the dispatch for the next day will be determined by your sporh from your previous day meaning say you had somewhere to go and you were hustling and moving faster then normal and your sporh was 18.2 stops an hour. Well the system sees that and will calculate that into how many stops you receive the next day so your dispatch will be prob 20 stops higher . My advice is take break and full lunch and just follow proper methods when I was a rookie driver I hated when they asked to help out someone else at end of day. And when you do have to help out someone take your time so your over And that's your excuse as to being paid over I had to help so and so

ManInBrown

Feeders here we come!

Bingo. Just got the ball rolling to make the move. Heading to feeder school in a few weeks. I CANNOT wait to get out of package. The feeder drivers I spoke to said it's like working for a different company. Not seeing your sup for weeks sound like winning to me.

ManInBrown

That's what you have to do brother. The faster you work the more your to be :censored2:ed. I've learned in all my years there as a driver that the dispatch for the next day will be determined by your sporh from your previous day meaning say you had somewhere to go and you were hustling and moving faster then normal and your sporh was 18.2 stops an hour. Well the system sees that and will calculate that into how many stops you receive the next day so your dispatch will be prob 20 stops higher . My advice is take break and full lunch and just follow proper methods when I was a rookie driver I hated when they asked to help out someone else at end of day. And when you do have to help out someone take your time so your over And that's your excuse as to being paid over I had to help so and so
Yup. New drivers don't understand this very thing. They watch you every day for a variety of things. One of those things is seeing how many stops you can do. Guess what. You need to get home early one night because little jimmy has a big baseball game. So you run around that day. Expect to have an extra 30 stops the next day. And they'll expect that same production. Never ever set a precedent. Just realize you will be out there till 8pm every night. It's the only way to do this job. You run, it's going to end bad for you.

The only thing heroes get at UPS, is more work.

Indecisi0n

Bingo. Just got the ball rolling to make the move. Heading to feeder school in a few weeks. I CANNOT wait to get out of package. The feeder drivers I spoke to said it's like working for a different company. Not seeing your sup for weeks sound like winning to me.
We will just have to deal with getting a big ole stomach and not seeing our penises anymore.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

You can refuse to work as directed and never have to worry about it again!

Depends on the guy and center manager at our center but typically that's true. I have seen and know guys who tell them no and nothing happens to them!

ManInBrown

Depends on the guy and center manager at our center but typically that's true. I have seen and know guys who tell them no and nothing happens to them!
ive told them no plenty. Then it goes two ways. If they really need you they come back with, I'm directing you. If they don't really need you, you get nothing back and just come in.