Today with Integrity (ON TOPIC )

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

"Except ye become as little children, ye cannot enter the kingdom of heaven." In this saying it is urged that all who seek heaven on earth or in the hereafter should become like little children. In seeking things of the spirit and in our faith, we should try to become childlike. Even as we grow older, the years of seeking can give us the attitude of the trusting child. Not only for its simple trust should we have the childlike spirit, but also for its joy in life, its ready laughter, its lack of criticism, and its desire to share. In Charles Dicken's story, A Christmas Carol, even old Scrooge changed when he got the child-spirit.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled." Only in the fullness of faith can the heartsick and faint and weary be satisfied, healed, and rested. Think of the wonderful spiritual revelations still to be found by those who are trying to live the spiritual life. Much of life is spiritually unexplored country. Only to the consecrated and loving people who walk with God in spirit can these great spiritual discoveries be revealed. Keep going forward and keep growing in righteousness.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
08556F9A-415A-4B34-988A-ED39B1278760.jpeg

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

Many things can upset you and you can easily get off the track. But remember that God is near you all the time, ready to help you if you call on Him. You cannot forever stand against God's will for you, nor can you forever upset God's plan for your life, even though God's plan may be postponed by your willfulness and deliberate choice of evil. A whole world of men and women cannot permanently change God's laws nor His purpose for the universe. The sea of life may look very rough to us, but we can believe that our Captain steers the boat on a straight course.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
"But, only the parts you accept and like."-Integrity

Not like you think. His direction for your life is found in his will. He doesn't have his hand on your shoulder pushing you right or left. You choose. Lack of knowledge will destroy a life.
You reap what you sow. It's the law. You don't plant tomatoes and expect to reap corn. Same with life.
God's plan for everyones life is the same. Make good choices, live righteous lives, and you will reap good fruit. And, that reaping may not happen until eternity. Bad things happen to good people.
"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne ..Make wrong choices, live unrighteous lives, you will reap bad fruit. And, that reaping may not happen until eternity. Good things happen to bad people.

I've seen the movie "The Outlaw Josey Wales" more times than I know. I can just about quote the entire movie. No matter how many times I watch it, it never changes.
God knows the movie of your life. He know the choices you will make. He knows right now where you will spend eternity. His plan is the same for everyone. And his law will not change for anyone. Don't expect to reap something different than you sow. It won't happen.

According to this offering up prayer is a total waste of time. I believe this is a theory that is logical and needs to be considered.
WHY PRAY when every second of every day is predetermined?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
According to this offering up prayer is a total waste of time. I believe this is a theory that is logical and needs to be considered.
WHY PRAY when every second of every day is predetermined?
Intervention (action) through natural means is not miraculous.
Through, "time and chance" (Solomon) we are all equal in that sense. Some have it better, some have it worse. We are expected to deal with the hand we've been given. It would be unjust(God is just) to zap you with a miracle and not give me one. ( He is not a respecter of persons-Acts)
Pre-determined( Ephesians 1 in the mind of God, before he made the world, how man could be saved from sin, the plan, how that was going to happen, the cross, etc.)and having pre-knowledge of your actions/choices is totally different.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

His will is choice.
You can choose not to agree or like it.
“Chooe you this day who you will serve…”- Joshua 24;15
God does pronounce judgment and consequence for you with what you chose to do… of course, you can choose to believe that also.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

"Ask and ye shall receive." Never let yourself think you cannot do something useful or that you never will be able to accomplish a useful task. The fact is that you can do practically anything in the field of human relationships, if you are willing to call on God's supply of strength. The supply may not be immediately available, because you may not be entirely ready to receive it. But it will surely come when you are properly prepared for it. As you grow spiritually, a feeling of being plentifully supplied by God's strength will possess you and you will be able to accomplish many useful things.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

Painful as the present time may be, you will one day see the reason for it. You will see that it was not only testing, but also a preparation for the life work, which you are to do. Have faith that your prayers and aspirations will some day be answered. Answered in a way that perhaps seems painful to you but is the only right way. Selfishness and pride often make us want things that are not good for us. They need to be burned out of our natures. We must be rid of the blocks, which are holding us back, before we can expect our prayers to be answered.

BrownFlush

I am sorry you feel this way, I have benefited greatly from these thought for the day. That is why, I share them.
I'm not sorry I feel this way.
I'm sorry you are still a child and are still nursing on milk and haven't grown and matured enough to digest meat.