Tome Needs To Feel The Cuts Too

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
Perhaps, we just need to find what the term “excessive” means.
It will be excessive cowardice if the union doesn’t pay those after two (over 9.5 two days) violations in a month. Or two weeks in a row. Otherwise….. useless language. I won’t be surprised if they cave and go with six weeks in a row or similar lame :censored2:.

I voted no on this contract by the way.

Thebrownblob

It will be excessive cowardice if the union doesn’t pay those after two (over 9.5 two days) violations in a month. Or two weeks in a row. Otherwise….. useless language. I won’t be surprised if they cave and go with six weeks in a row or similar lame :censored2:.

I voted no on this contract by the way.
Like I said, I don’t really know what “excessive” is yet for the remaining two days if they don’t violate you. 9.5? 10.5?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I have no idea what your comments mean. It’s like they are meant for an entirely different post on an entirely different thread. LOL
Geeez….
SOB is your union President;
He got you guys big bucks;
To “net zero”, you get rid of assets (like the people you’re commenting on)

Do I need to break this down further???

Oh wait! Your post is that Tome should get a pay cut…deep

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Like I said, I don’t really know what “excessive” is yet for the remaining two days if they don’t violate you. 9.5? 10.5?
One could make the argument that it’s 9.5. Every number regarding excessive overtime in the contract is 9.5. It’s not like UPS doesn’t have a list of people that do not want to be out past 9.5, they prey on weakness.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Should be anything over 9.5 hours. Since that is what the entire language is built around. Anything more would be ridiculous. And cowardly on the union’s part if they agree.

Thebrownblob

One could make the argument that it’s 9.5. Every number regarding excessive overtime in the contract is 9.5. It’s not like UPS doesn’t have a list of people that do not want to be out past 9.5, they prey on weakness.
I tend to agree with you, but, some on our side say the company has the right to work you over 9.5 just not “excessively” lol whatever the hell that means.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Don’t forget Surepost conference call today……..

Sure
Yet another example of a giveback. The program should have been eliminated after FedEx eliminated theirs. But “allegedly” the company claimed DHL is a competitor (LOL and has a similar program so we have to keep ours. And the union fell for it. I hate that weakness.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Which is why I believe it should be automatic double time for work over the 9.5 mark. Stop the grievance bullsheetrock.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Which is why I believe it should be automatic double time for work over the 9.5 mark. Stop the grievance bullsheetrock.
That or “bring it back” language similar to 8 hr request language some supplements have.

And it’s amazing how many people are on the “extra work” list but they rarely utilize it to help with either of those issues.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It will be excessive cowardice if the union doesn’t pay those after two (over 9.5 two days) violations in a month.

And cowardly on the union’s part if they agree.

I hate that weakness.

Instead of criticizing our Union....

Your time would be better spent volunteering (unpaid of course) with your Local signing up

all of the free-loading, non-dues paying, scabs in the Southern Region that benefit from our

Union contract. I know you work with them.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Instead of criticizing our Union....
I’m going to continue to criticize our Union EVERY SINGLE TIME they fail us. Because they swore an oath to abide by the contract they, just like the company, SIGNED. And because I, like 99% of the employees in my building, pay dues and expect them to honor that commitment to the fullest.

So get out of here with that union cultist “Don’t criticize MUH UNION BS.

542thruNthru

I’m going to continue to criticize our Union EVERY SINGLE TIME they fail us. Because they swore an oath to abide by the contract they, just like the company, SIGNED. And because I, like 99% of the employees in my building, pay dues and expect them to honor that commitment to the fullest.

So get out of here with that union cultist “Don’t criticize MUH UNION BS.
Did you forget your oath?

"I will conduct myself at all times in a manner as not to bring reproach upon my Union."

Is she related to Ron Cohen?
genetically she is

i refuse to buy anything Sig because of their new ownership

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Did you forget your oath?

"I will conduct myself at all times in a manner as not to bring reproach upon my Union."
Guilty! And rightfully so. Now tell your false gods to do what they volunteered (and were elected for) to do!

Simply saying...
"Volunteer to go recruit more members.....SCABS....yada yada yada..." is a copout and deflection from the real problem. Either we have a contract or we don't. Blaming those THEY represent when its THEM that won't enforce crystal clear language THEY negotiated (and threatened to strike over) for is BS and more than warrants some "reproach" from the rest of us.

Yes, I have been an active member. But it doesn't matter if those that win the elections won't do what they signed up for.