Tome Needs To Feel The Cuts Too

Pullman Brown

Which is why I believe it should be automatic double time for work over the 9.5 mark. Stop the grievance bullsheetrock.
giphy-downsized.gif

542thruNthru

Guilty! And rightfully so. Now tell your false gods to do what they volunteered (and were elected for) to do!

Simply saying...
"Volunteer to go recruit more members.....SCABS....yada yada yada..." is a copout and deflection from the real problem. Either we have a contract or we don't. Blaming those THEY represent when its THEM that won't enforce crystal clear language THEY negotiated (and threatened to strike over) for is BS and more than warrants some "reproach" from the rest of us.

Yes, I have been an active member. But it doesn't matter if those that win the elections won't do what they signed up for.
You should be running our union. You obviously would win every single grievance ever written. UPS would tremble in your presence!

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
You should be running our union. You obviously would win every single grievance ever written. UPS would tremble in your presence!
Maybe. Maybe not. But I guarantee I wouldn't be the guy that caves on the obvious cases. Especially ones that involve crystal clear language. It's about not backing down or "settling" for less. I definitely wouldn't flat out refuse to enforce language because of status quos in a center/building.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Maybe. Maybe not. But I guarantee I wouldn't be the guy that caves on the obvious cases. Especially ones that involve crystal clear language. It's about not backing down or "settling" for less. I definitely wouldn't flat out refuse to enforce language because of status quos in a center/building.
You don’t seem to know how it works. The Company takes one off the table, the Local takes one/more off the table.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
You don’t seem to know how it works. The Company takes one off the table, the Local takes one/more off the table.
Thats not what I'm talking about. But I'm aware of it. But since you brought it up......

Is that why we're still dropping off pallets/bags of SurePost to the USPS everyday instead of delivering it ourselves? And despite the fact that were are driving by most of those stops and actually going to many of them? And despite the fact that the "competition" (DHL) that was cited as the reason for the program still existing barely has a footprint in this country anymore? Was that grievance taken off the table as well? I mean...seems like a reasonable question to ask. And also seems justifiable to question why the IBT would seemingly easily give up so much volume that would potentially add more package density and/or routes in many centers.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Thats not what I'm talking about. But I'm aware of it. But since you brought it up......

Is that why we're still dropping off pallets/bags of SurePost to the USPS everyday instead of delivering it ourselves? And despite the fact that were are driving by most of those stops and actually going to many of them? And despite the fact that the "competition" (DHL) that was cited as the reason for the program still existing barely has a footprint in this country anymore? Was that grievance taken off the table as well? I mean...seems like a reasonable question to ask. And also seems justifiable to question why the IBT would seemingly easily give up so much volume that would potentially add more package density and/or routes in many centers.
LOL...OK

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Let’s hope her pay is reduced drastically. I don’t know how it is in everyone else is buildings, but the route cutting has been severe lately. And I know there have been lots of layoffs (both salary and hourly) this year. Some buildings have seen their. 22.3s “eliminated” as well. If things are actually doom and gloom as she portrayed, then she should feel the effects as well.

Crap flows downhill, not uphill.