Top rate

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
So I’m going to be topped out in September....finally. Just curious what the checks are going to look like after taxes without your 401k contribution.

DriverNerd

There are too many variables for us to guess what your check will be. Just grab a check and calculate it out with your new pay rate. We don't even know what job you do. If you're not good with math, give us the info and we'll give you a guess.

Last edited:

Zowert

For a single person; after taxes and without a single minute of OT you can expect $1,200+ a week (at $38.75/hr). There is a sweet spot in OT hours you wanna try and hit, 6 to 8 hours. Anymore than that and you’re just burning yourself out while not really making much [more] after auncle Sam takes his share. Unless you’re dumping a good chunk of change into your 401k, 48 hours a week is good enough, about $1,650(+/-) a week after taxes.

That’s ‘averaged’ out and does not include state income tax. If you’re pulling a lot of OT then I would recommend contributing AT LEAST 6% to your 401k. Otherwise your are essentially throwing money away when you work 50+ hours a week.

DriverNerd

Otherwise your are essentially throwing money away when you work 50+ hours a week.

That is not true at all. It is true that the amount you get after taxes is much less on a given paycheck when you work excessive amounts of overtime, but as long as you don't bump yourself into a higher tax bracket you get all the money back when you file your taxes.

PT Car Washer

For a single person; after taxes and without a single minute of OT you can expect $1,200+ a week (at $38.75/hr). There is a sweet spot in OT hours you wanna try and hit, 6 to 8 hours. Anymore than that and you’re just burning yourself out while not really making much [more] after auncle Sam takes his share. Unless you’re dumping a good chunk of change into your 401k, 48 hours a week is good enough, about $1,650(+/-) a week after taxes.

That’s ‘averaged’ out and does not include state income tax. If you’re pulling a lot of OT then I would recommend contributing AT LEAST 6% to your 401k. Otherwise your are essentially throwing money away when you work 50+ hours a week.
Bump that 401k up to at least 15% if not more. You will never miss it and that Million $ sitting in your own retirement account will all be worth it someday.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Live COMFORTABLY cheap and save your money. You don’t need a 2021 Dodge Super Ram F350 Turbo with a volcano exhaust just because you can afford it
Get 50k in the bank before you start swinging your di** around
Why can’t I helicopter my dick and be broke? Feels the same

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Why can’t I helicopter my dick and be broke? Feels the same
You can. I remember what is what like to be a grown man and a debt slave, I also know what it’s like to be dirt poor. I don’t want to see any brothers or sisters screwing up their money, the long term future of UPS is totally unknown; other than them implying that more and more technology will be used

WTFm8

That is not true at all. It is true that the amount you get after taxes is much less on a given paycheck when you work excessive amounts of overtime, but as long as you don't bump yourself into a higher tax bracket you get all the money back when you file your taxes.

Or just adjust dependent withholding to get more now. I haven’t gotten more then $800 back in years.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So I’m going to be topped out in September....finally. Just curious what the checks are going to look like after taxes without your 401k contribution.
They will look something like this...

Manage-Your-First-Paycheck.jpg