Why is a Strike Quite Possible?

Brownwind

Sir, I retired in 2020 after 30 years.
Since I participated in 1997 strike, I speak from a position of.......been there, done that.
And since the union holds back the 1st strike check, that $52 during the 2nd week became a WTF souvenir.
I hope it gets worked out, I'm not threatening your job.....you are.
Go ahead and 'punish the company'.......I will have my lawn chair, cooler and I still have my picket sign from 1997 that can be waved around in your honor.
Sir, I retired in 2020 after 30 years.
Since I participated in 1997 strike, I speak from a position of.......been there, done that.
And since the union holds back the 1st strike check, that $52 during the 2nd week became a WTF souvenir.
I hope it gets worked out, I'm not threatening your job.....you are.
Go ahead and 'punish the company'.......I will have my lawn chair, cooler and I still have my picket sign from 1997 that can be waved around in your honor.
Thank you for your response and time served. I’m definitely not a “punish the company” guy. I like wise remember the huge checks that’s why I’m not worried about it.

Waving a sign in my honor. Thanks nice. I’ll enjoy a beverage at camp in your honor.

Brownwind

I've been with the company a little over a year and I already have about 5 months' expenses saved. I assume that should cover any strike and the inevitable layoffs I'll probably face after the fact. Not to mention I'll probably go back to doing side gigs if I end up out of work more often than not.

It's never too early to get prepared.
Excellent job

Thebrownblob

WELL, there was your guy, today, in front of congress.
O,Brien!!
Take a look, before I offer an opinion.....give me yours.
Is Markwayne your guy?
Starts off by saying he’s not against unions then said he likes a good fight actually welcomes it. Told our president to get his facts straight when he told him feeder drivers make 35k a year on average. And Sean tried to correct him and tell him he was inaccurate. Basically called him a blood sucking leech. Lied and told him he only makes $50,000 a year and he’s a multi millionaire who inherited father’s business.
I can’t wait to hear your opinion on a piece of crap like that.

I GOT ONE MORE

Is Markwayne your guy?
Starts off by saying he’s not against unions then said he likes a good fight actually welcomes it. Told our president to get his facts straight when he told him feeder drivers make 35k a year on average. And Sean tried to correct him and tell him he was inaccurate. Basically called him a blood sucking leech. Lied and told him he only makes $50,000 a year and he’s a multi millionaire who inherited father’s business.
I can’t wait to hear your opinion on a piece of crap like that.
NO,
But I think it is awesome, you are informed.
But, don't attack me. I asked for opinions and I have mine and you, yours.
I was stunned when Mullin said 35k. It's clear our government is to be trusted, not.
O' Brien held his ground and didn't lose his cool....mostly.
It went badly for Mullin, IMO, he is an idiot.
I feel better about OB, keeping his cool under pressure.
AGAIN, it's your job on the line....not mine.
Thanks for waiting for my opinion brown blob

Thebrownblob

NO,
But I think it is awesome, you are informed.
But, don't attack me. I asked for opinions and I have mine and you, yours.
I was stunned when Mullin said 35k. It's clear our government is to be trusted, not.
O' Brien held his ground and didn't lose his cool....mostly.
It went badly for Mullin, IMO, he is an idiot.
I feel better about OB, keeping his cool under pressure.
AGAIN, it's your job on the line....not mine.
Thanks for waiting for my opinion brown blob
Not attacking, just asking. negotiating is a two-way street. Teamsters will come to the table with a fair proposal and willing to negotiate. And if this company chooses to ignore the people who actually do the work need to be compensated properly then they will leave us no choice, but to show them full weight of the teamsters union. you seem to forget this job wouldn’t be worth having if it wasn’t for teamsters negotiating. I don’t intend to leave it in worse shape than It was left to me by those before me. The optimist me believes it will work out.

kforte36

Strong enough that several coworkers I don’t talk to beyond morning hello’s and evening goodbye’s have told me (unsolicited) that they’re saving up / preparing for a strike. The unfairness of 22.4 and tenured PT situations is so glaring and obvious that RPCDs can’t ignore it.
I would say it's VERY possible.

kforte36

If you study the “97” Ron Carey did get a strike vote during the talks. Back then you had to go down to the Union Hall and yell “Nay” or “Yea” and raise your hand. You can easily guess what the results where... usually it runs 97 % for a strike...even with mailing it in it is not even close, again around 95 % for.

The last several strike authorization votes were for show only, the Company knew that Hoffa would never allow a work stoppage and acted accordingly.

Here is what could happen ... O’Brien will have the strike authorization vote in his pocket if it comes to that. It doesn’t matter what the percentage is of those who turned one in, usually under 20 % even bother. He has already revealed his intentions...No Extensions...none of this Retro Pay / Bonus:bsbullf:... He will not shake hands before he gets a good deal, he will already by then have the strike authorization vote from the rank and file that voted in his back pocket.
We had several members who got scared as the deadline came closer, having their wife’s calling the Union Hall asking for a vote on the Master. The Company tried their best to have the members put pressure for a final vote..Carey had none of it and we walked.
Some supplements have already met and the company is not scared for a strike this time. They have no intention of giving the union what it's demanding. A strike is highly likely.

nWo

Screenshot_20230316-235849.png

Trucker Clock

Some supplements have already met and the company is not scared for a strike this time.

They’re scared of tanking the stock though. And that’s what a strike will do. Can you say shareholder lawsuit?

They have no intention of giving the union what it's demanding.

That’s not how negotiations work. Maybe you better go crawl back under your boss’s desk and leave the negotiations to the big boys.

A strike is highly likely.

I wouldn’t rule it out, but it omit it is actually highly unlikely.

kforte36

They’re scared of tanking the stock though. And that’s what a strike will do. Can you say shareholder lawsuit?

That’s not how negotiations work. Maybe you better go crawl back under your boss’s desk and leave the negotiations to the big boys.

I wouldn’t rule it out, but it omit it is actually highly unlikely.
I hope so.

I GOT ONE MORE

All I can offer is......ALL OF YOU, are at risk.
Employees (hourly and salaried) and shareholders.
The goose can and will stop laying golden eggs, if cornered.

Thebrownblob

All I can offer is......ALL OF YOU, are at risk.
Employees (hourly and salaried) and shareholders.
The goose can and will stop laying golden eggs, if cornered.
Lol at risk of what getting a bad contract? We will, if we don’t fight for a good one. I know the proposals for my supplement, and I’ve seen what is allegedly proposals for the national I don’t see anything out of line, or what I would call killing a golden goose. You on the other hand sound like you’re ready to be in the knee for whatever UPS offers.

Lol at risk of what getting a bad contract? We will, if we don’t fight for a good one. I know the proposals for my supplement, and I’ve seen what is allegedly proposals for the national I don’t see anything out of line, or what I would call killing a golden goose. You on the other hand sound like you’re ready to be in the knee for whatever UPS offers.
l46CvNYUMmQFDSpRC.gif