Top rate

The Driver

I drive.
For a single person; after taxes and without a single minute of OT you can expect $1,200+ a week (at $38.75/hr). There is a sweet spot in OT hours you wanna try and hit, 6 to 8 hours. Anymore than that and you’re just burning yourself out while not really making much [more] after auncle Sam takes his share. Unless you’re dumping a good chunk of change into your 401k, 48 hours a week is good enough, about $1,650(+/-) a week after taxes.

That’s ‘averaged’ out and does not include state income tax. If you’re pulling a lot of OT then I would recommend contributing AT LEAST 6% to your 401k. Otherwise your are essentially throwing money away when you work 50+ hours a week.

No disrespect, but you don't understand how the marginal tax bracket system works if you think you're taxed more for making overtime. More may be withheld but all W2 income is recalculated at the end of the year and you only pay tax based on that total amount.

Don't not work more because you're afraid you will be taxed more!

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I walk to work
Definitely wasn’t picking on you, just a general statement. I keep seeing all the new 22.4’s in the building get their first 2 thousand dollars in the bank and immediately go buy a 40 thousand dollar truck. I’m just like “cmon, man”
All the senior drivers in my building who are close to retirement and have multiple properties, play the market, just smart with their money; they ALL drive complete pieces of sh** to work. This job is all about perspective and priorities

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
giphy.gif

AwashBwashCwash

All the senior drivers in my building who are close to retirement and have multiple properties, play the market, just smart with their money;

I always love to hear about old has-beens sucking up all the housing resources like they're playing Monopoly and driving the costs up for young people who can't afford to start families. Great to be reminded about who destroyed this country.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Definitely wasn’t picking on you, just a general statement. I keep seeing all the new 22.4’s in the building get their first 2 thousand dollars in the bank and immediately go buy a 40 thousand dollar truck. I’m just like “cmon, man”
All the senior drivers in my building who are close to retirement and have multiple properties, play the market, just smart with their money; they ALL drive complete pieces of sh** to work. This job is all about perspective and priorities
I know what you mean buddy..buy what you need , not what you want.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I always love to hear about old has-beens sucking up all the housing resources like they're playing Monopoly and driving the costs up for young people who can't afford to start families. Great to be reminded about who destroyed this country.
Yup, old union truck drivers are to blame for all our troubles..

Zowert

No disrespect, but you don't understand how the marginal tax bracket system works if you think you're taxed more for making overtime. More may be withheld but all W2 income is recalculated at the end of the year and you only pay tax based on that total amount.

Don't not work more because you're afraid you will be taxed more!
You are right, I’m not an accountant. I was just going off my experience as a simpleton paying taxes — working a 60 hour week wouldn’t net THAT much more than a 48 hour week.

Est.1998

You’ll just spend more when you become full-rate ...broke for life
i can only speculate, but i'm thinking this applies to those guys who drive those big trucks, bentleys, 2020 BMW, 2020 Mercedes, and so on to work. Must be nice to jump in one of them after 12+ hours, as it sits in UPS parking lot waiting on you to return.

clean hairy

i can only speculate, but i'm thinking this applies to those guys who drive those big trucks, bentleys, 2020 BMW, 2020 Mercedes, and so on to work. Must be nice to jump in one of them after 12+ hours, as it sits in UPS parking lot waiting on you to return.
Of course if you have a self driving car, it might get tired of waiting for you and go home.

Package Stick

"Send it."
That is not true at all. It is true that the amount you get after taxes is much less on a given paycheck when you work excessive amounts of overtime, but as long as you don't bump yourself into a higher tax bracket you get all the money back when you file your taxes.
I have to point out.. you're only taxed the amount in the bracket you :censored2:ing EARN. You can be in a "higher" bracket but you only pay the amount in THAT bracket.

You do not earn less because you earn more.