Top rate

Est.1998

Grab a Webster's and find the word sarcasm in there. Lol.
My apologies.
A few of my old girlfriends didn't like that about me.
They would get upset because I'm a literal person.
I say what i mean and mean what i say and expect the same in return.
That's until they say they were being sarcastic.
In which I'd chuckle and say "oh".

My apologies.
A few of my old girlfriends didn't like that about me.
They would get upset because I'm a literal person.
I say what i mean and mean what i say and expect the same in return.
That's until they say they were being sarcastic.
In which I'd chuckle and say "oh".

UntimelyHauntingAchillestang-small.gif

Package Stick

"Send it."
Nope. Zero debt. That’s why I’m trying to figure out how much I’ll be taking home. After hearing the older dudes say this at the building I figured I would learn from their mistakes not mine.
No wife, no kids. Avoid getting a car loan, don't buy that boat just yet.

Get a 15-year mortgage, small house. And put everything you can into the market (bonds, gold, stable companies, data center REITs, selling OTM covered calls). You'll 100% retire early if you don't get married, that seems to knock a bunch of dudes down.

Re-Raise

Nope. Zero debt. That’s why I’m trying to figure out how much I’ll be taking home. After hearing the older dudes say this at the building I figured I would learn from their mistakes not mine.
Don’t you plan to spend it at some point? Otherwise it is just a stack of old paper laying around

Mostly sarcasm here...I completely agree that paying interest of any kind is like lighting money on fire because you need it NOW

Re-Raise

No wife, no kids. Avoid getting a car loan, don't buy that boat just yet.

Get a 15-year mortgage, small house. And put everything you can into the market (bonds, gold, stable companies, data center REITs, selling OTM covered calls). You'll 100% retire early if you don't get married, that seems to knock a bunch of dudes down.
As someone who can retire right now...I don’t understand what is so great about doing nothing all day?

The most important things in my life are my wife and kids! I wouldn’t trade all the money in the world sitting in the bank for them. I’m proud that going to work has made a great life for all of us!

I’m not cut out to just sit around and do nothing I guess. I have plenty of hobbies that I enjoy, but I also still like working up a sweat and feeling like I accomplished something before I go to bed

Package Stick

"Send it."
As someone who can retire right now...I don’t understand what is so great about doing nothing all day?

The most important things in my life are my wife and kids! I wouldn’t trade all the money in the world sitting in the bank for them. I’m proud that going to work has made a great life for all of us!

I’m not cut out to just sit around and do nothing I guess. I have plenty of hobbies that I enjoy, but I also still like working up a sweat and feeling like I accomplished something before I go to bed
You only do nothing all day if you.. do nothing. I want to travel and explore this world, can't really do that at work lol. I don't want to work till I'm 60 with a divorce and an alcohol addiction.

Re-Raise

You only do nothing all day if you.. do nothing. I want to travel and explore this world, can't really do that at work lol. I don't want to work till I'm 60 with a divorce and an alcohol addiction.
So you put your life on hold until you reach the magical "retirement"?

I was over at my parent's house yesterday. They are 92 and 87 and they were cutting up a tree in the yard with a chainsaw and dragging the parts to a burn pile with a tractor and chain. They have AMPLE money in the bank, but they never quit working, because they enjoy it..and enjoy life

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Just saying, but if you equate marriage with eventual divorce, my guess is that that will become a self fulfilling prophecy.

Package Stick

"Send it."
Just saying, but if you equate marriage with eventual divorce, my guess is that that will become a self fulfilling prophecy.
I was referring to all the drivers I know/of (also management!)...

I refuse to pay 100k+ in a divorce. Almost like marriage is something set up by the State to extract money from men. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I love someone, that also holds my assets hostage in case she doesn't "love me anymore" (ex told me that one day lol).

Marriage is a scam is the current system and should be avoided without a solid prenuptial agreement.

I was referring to all the drivers I know/of (also management!)...

I refuse to pay 100k+ in a divorce. Almost like marriage is something set up by the State to extract money from men. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I love someone, that also holds my assets hostage in case she doesn't "love me anymore" (ex told me that one day lol).

Marriage is a scam is the current system and should be avoided without a solid prenuptial agreement.
trump could write a book about prenuptial and non disclosure agreements. Or at least his lawyers could.