Why is a Strike Quite Possible?

Pullman Brown

At least some of the main concerns such as eliminating 22.4s, eliminate forced 6th day punch, no pvds, etc..

This is only speculation but I think both sides agree forced 6th punch is a major problem in certain areas and buildings but how to fix it is where the problem is. The company wants to fix it through more 22.4’s, part-time weekend drivers, and PVDs. The Union just wants them to eliminate all of that and hire a ton of RPCDS.

kforte36

This is only speculation but I think both sides agree forced 6th punch is a major problem in certain areas and buildings but how to fix it is where the problem is. The company wants to fix it through more 22.4’s, part-time weekend drivers, and PVDs. The Union just wants them to eliminate all of that and hire a ton of RPCDS.

They should hire RPCDs. Equal pay for equal work. Screw pvds.

Trucker Clock

But the company is not going to agree to that... A strike is most likely the only way.

Yes they will agree to that. They hate the 22.4 jobs also and want them gone.

And Carol said she doesn’t want any of her employees working 6 days unless they want to.

Half the battle won already.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down

And Carol said she doesn’t want any of her employees working 6 days unless they want to.

1679381977995.jpeg

JustDeliverIt

Just because she’s says it publicly doesn’t mean she means it. Staffing is something the company controls and if they need more, especially in areas they know they are short handed, they have had plenty of time to figure it out.

I’m reading the updates for our supplemental and talk to our BA who sits on the union side. They are willing to talk on some issues but holding firm on others. Local stuff should be wrapped up in a few weeks and I don’t see that happening.

I believe Carol is saying the right thing publicly to keep customers from running and stock price from crashing. As we get closer to August, if the two sides can’t seem to make any headway, I think her message will change to the union won’t play fair and our only way out might be a short work stoppage. Just my gut feeling.

oldngray

nowhere special
Most likely there won't be a strike. But a deal by June 30. Lmfao

They'll just keep working through negotiations like usual.
It sounds more like a company press release. They might have a tentative deal but would still need time for members to vote on it.