Total Service Plan (TSP)

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
IE had to do a lot of planning for this crap; its a great idea, i'd love to run the company like this, predictable and steady

when we roll a million in a day, we'll see how it stands up

Another thing I have heard through the grapevine is that salaried management such as on-road supes and center managers are supposed to work no more than 50 hours per week anymore. You heard anything about this?

HavenoEDD

Another thing I have heard through the grapevine is that salaried management such as on-road supes and center managers are supposed to work no more than 50 hours per week anymore. You heard anything about this?
An on-road working 50 hours? 😂🤣 Our two walk in at 8 and are out the building by 3 most days.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
well that's certainly been "the plan" and a lot of the culture wars going on at UPS have genuinely been pushing towards that goal (and succeeding in some places), but no i haven't heard anything specific lately

Dr.Brownz

Are they harassing guys for coming in 1 minute before they hit 8 hours where in your location? This all seems like a scheme to not pay out guaranteed pay on light days.

Dr.Brownz

I think you are correct. I also think it will be a much better job after the next negotiations.

Why? UPS is going to use the threat of cameras and the recession to get concessions from the teamsters. Either that or we will end up with cameras in our trucks and harassment will be off the charts.

HavenoEDD

Why? UPS is going to use the threat of cameras and the recession to get concessions from the teamsters. Either that or we will end up with cameras in our trucks and harassment will be off the charts.
UPS can threaten all they want and the recession actually helps the teamsters in negotiating. The recent COLA adjustment as an example.

A company making record profits in the year going into a contract with an aging fleet of trucks, planes and unhappy workers only helps the teamsters. Concessions have to be made to keep up with the Amazon and the industry that’s changing quickly and UPS knows that. They will want to do it their way and Teamsters will want more money, vacation and improvements. Teamsters are in a good spot. We don’t have Hoffa running things now and that’s a good thing. We have the two thirds rule and if O’Brien lives up to his promises we will be fine. Company will use things to divide workers and preach good faith (TSP as an example) but if the workers are smart, informed and United, I wouldn’t be too worried.

If you’ve been at UPS long enough you know harassment is a part of the job, it’s knowing how to fight fire with fire that gets them off your back.