TP-60

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by OrioN, Nov 24, 2019.

1. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

So I finally see one in the lake community I recently acquired on my route...

sketch-1574622204899.png

A driver un hooks it at the township municipal parking lot. Then, a few PVDs gets there to load up and deliver...

hopefully, they're town residents since it takes me 40 minutes to roll in from my core area

I'll take my break here afterwards to sort the rest of my route for the day since dusk falls by the time I'm done delivering at this town...

sketch-1574621273175.png
    Those PVDs get a hoot with me parking there while they're loading up in their 4wd suvs and trucks

2. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Do yourself and your mechanic a favor and don't set the parking brake in feezing weather.

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

This guy is joking . Set that :censored2: !

4. Boywondr

Boywondr Newbie Doo

Pretty sad they had to inset the tires and get rid of the fenders because they kept getting ripped off....or the tp is now wider to accommodate more pkgs?
    You choose.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  5. GameCockFan

GameCockFan Active Member

Sorting your load is work, not a break.

6. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

The T-60's are wider that's why the fenders disappeared. They also don't pull down the road near as nice as the older ones did.

7. Boywondr

Boywondr Newbie Doo

The other ones tracked perfectly.
    I also heard they had several bad uncoupling issues as the older ones were being pulled otr.
    @Bubblehead ?
    PS/ the fenders were always getting ripped off btw.

8. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

We have had two receivers/stingers snap the weld just in front of where the balls sits. The first time it happened the trailer went for a ride, the second time it was caught before the trailer was hooked up. We have also had one hitch snap where the receiver slides in and the chains couple, don't know how that wasn't catastrophic, but it wasn't.

Our guys that pull the trailers have pulled them for a number of years a piece so I have never seen a fender get torn off, have seen a wheel fly off and damage the fender, but no fenders torn off.

9. Boywondr

Boywondr Newbie Doo

The fenders used to be steel and then changed to composite rubber type. Gee, wonder why?
    They're only used at peak now. I dont think any of the middle to lower seniority drivers know how to hook up or back any trailer. It's a lost art imo.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. 40 and out

40 and out Active Member

You will take your break to sort the rest of your load. Probably come in an hour early to set up your package car too. So many like you.

11. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

LoL, I'm a FXG driver... of course I also load my own cargo, mostly in stop order for a stress free day

DSC_0179.JPG

here's the original pic:

sketch-1574307696986.png

I just get my break there to see the various PVDs play Tetris with their cargo... some has full uniforms, others just the Amazon style reflective vest

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Is the "premium" pay still $.10/hr for towing the TP-60?

13. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Where the heck do they charge a weather fee? Has to be California?

14. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

Yes. So not worth it.

15. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

The .10 isn't, but way back when I towed one the allowance was crazy good. Not sure if it still is.

16. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

Not where I’m at. Stop counts periodically creep up on those routes, followed by those drivers requesting business help or air meets.

17. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Well things change that's for sure. It's been a long time since I pulled a TP-60, but it generally worked out to 30 or so less delivery stops.

18. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

It was more than that when you retired so I sure hope it didn't decrease. Lol.

19. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Only $.10 here. Always has been.

20. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

$.35 here