TP-60

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So I finally see one in the lake community I recently acquired on my route...

sketch-1574622204899.png

A driver un hooks it at the township municipal parking lot. Then, a few PVDs gets there to load up and deliver...

hopefully, they're town residents since it takes me 40 minutes to roll in from my core area

I'll take my break here afterwards to sort the rest of my route for the day since dusk falls by the time I'm done delivering at this town...

sketch-1574621273175.png

Those PVDs get a hoot with me parking there while they're loading up in their 4wd suvs and trucks

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Do yourself and your mechanic a favor and don't set the parking brake in feezing weather.
Pretty sad they had to inset the tires and get rid of the fenders because they kept getting ripped off....or the tp is now wider to accommodate more pkgs?
You choose.

Last edited:

iowa boy

Pretty sad they had to insert the tires and get rid of the fenders because they kept getting ripped off....or the tp is now wider to accommodate more pkgs?
You choose.

The T-60's are wider that's why the fenders disappeared. They also don't pull down the road near as nice as the older ones did.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The T-60's are wider that's why the fenders disappeared. They also don't pull down the road near as nice as the older ones did.
The other ones tracked perfectly.
I also heard they had several bad uncoupling issues as the older ones were being pulled otr.
@Bubblehead ?
PS/ the fenders were always getting ripped off btw.

iowa boy

The other ones tracked perfectly.
I also heard they had several bad uncoupling issues as the older ones were being pulled otr.
@Bubblehead ?
PS/ the fenders were always getting ripped off btw.

We have had two receivers/stingers snap the weld just in front of where the balls sits. The first time it happened the trailer went for a ride, the second time it was caught before the trailer was hooked up. We have also had one hitch snap where the receiver slides in and the chains couple, don't know how that wasn't catastrophic, but it wasn't.

Our guys that pull the trailers have pulled them for a number of years a piece so I have never seen a fender get torn off, have seen a wheel fly off and damage the fender, but no fenders torn off.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We have had two receivers/stingers snap the weld just in front of where the balls sits. The first time it happened the trailer went for a ride, the second time it was caught before the trailer was hooked up. We have also had one hitch snap where the receiver slides in and the chains couple, don't know how that wasn't catastrophic, but it wasn't.

Our guys that pull the trailers have pulled them for a number of years a piece so I have never seen a fender get torn off, have seen a wheel fly off and damage the fender, but no fenders torn off.
The fenders used to be steel and then changed to composite rubber type. Gee, wonder why?
They're only used at peak now. I dont think any of the middle to lower seniority drivers know how to hook up or back any trailer. It's a lost art imo.

40 and out

You will take your break to sort the rest of your load. Probably come in an hour early to set up your package car too. So many like you.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
You will take your break to sort the rest of your load. Probably come in an hour early to set up your package car too. So many like you.

LoL, I'm a FXG driver... of course I also load my own cargo, mostly in stop order for a stress free day

DSC_0179.JPG

here's the original pic:

sketch-1574307696986.png

I just get my break there to see the various PVDs play Tetris with their cargo... some has full uniforms, others just the Amazon style reflective vest

Johney

Not where I’m at. Stop counts periodically creep up on those routes, followed by those drivers requesting business help or air meets.
Well things change that's for sure. It's been a long time since I pulled a TP-60, but it generally worked out to 30 or so less delivery stops.