Training 22.4's

scoutlover

We're about to bid routes per the old contract schedule, and we haven't heard a word about how the 22.4's will be trained and qualified. Has anyone heard how they plan to do that? A training run is a lot less appealing if there is going to be a revolving door of 22.4's that have to be hired right at the new contract implementation.

scoutlover

To rephrase the question, do you think they'll train them on a regular full time package car training run and make them qualify there following the normal qualification process, or will there be a new way of doing things since they won't actually be running a full time driving route (or at least that's how it has been sold to us).

542thruNthru

To rephrase the question, do you think they'll train them on a regular full time package car training run and make them qualify there following the normal qualification process, or will there be a new way of doing things since they won't actually be running a full time driving route (or at least that's how it has been sold to us).

Yes I believe they will qualify like everyone else (I know they will here in my local). Do you have training route language in your supplemental?

scoutlover

Just because management tells you something, doesn’t make it real.

So what are you saying? That this contract and my supplement didn't actually get rammed down our throat and somehow we're going to overthrow the plan to put on 22.4's? When the company and union are saying/pushing the same thing, you can consider it gospel.

scoutlover

And allow me to clarify again. They don't plan on using these 22.4's before the contract implementation. But you can bet that they'll have them ready to go when the announcement is made.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So what are you saying? That this contract and my supplement didn't actually get rammed down our throat and somehow we're going to overthrow the plan to put on 22.4's? When the company and union are saying/pushing the same thing, you can consider it gospel.
One question, what contract are we working under? Answer that, then pull up the contract ( hint: it’s the 2013-2018 ). Now pull up where it says 22.4’s exist and can be bid on XX date.

I’ll wait for your screen shot.

scoutlover

Retirement exsists 22.4 doesn't.
None of the current contract is in effect right now.
It does exist, just not being used yet. And my question is a good one for our area where we may train 1 or 2 drivers a year. When the 22.4 gates open (probably around April) and they can hire 20+ in our building the first year, any driver bidding a training route next week could possibly bidding coverage without knowing it instead of a highly sought after route.

It does exist, just not being used yet. And my question is a good one for our area where we may train 1 or 2 drivers a year. When the 22.4 gates open (probably around April) and they can hire 20+ in our building the first year, any driver bidding a training route next week could possibly bidding coverage without knowing it instead of a highly sought after route.
Only 5000 22.4 jobs are going to be created.
UPS has over 1000 buildings, do the math.

scoutlover

One question, what contract are we working under? Answer that, then pull up the contract ( hint: it’s the 2013-2018 ). Now pull up where it says 22.4’s exist and can be bid on XX date.

I’ll wait for your screen shot.
There is nothing prohibiting the company from posting the lists, checking to make sure they meet the requirements, and possibly even sending them to school to have them ready to go day 1. Our local has already met with the company and has discussed how many we're getting, etc.