Trump 'considers' $1 per gallon gas tax

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well yeah but isn't Trump talking about a national gas tax?
Yes ... allocated back to the states and to get the Interstates back in shape.
Of course, if your state has sanctuary cities, they might have crappy roads forever or the next 8 years ... whichever comes first.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Of course, if your state has sanctuary cities, they might have crappy roads forever or the next 8 years ... whichever comes first.
I don't know, his plan to punish the sanctuary cities isn't going so well.

It will be fine

Did you just say forever might be less than 8 years? Maybe if we really piss off the Russians.

rod

Retired 22 years
A dollar is WAY too much. The problem with raising gas taxes is that a good majority of it would go to building fancy DOT buildings and giving raises and bonuses to the top people. I don't know about where you live but in Mn. the fanciest government buildings are usually DOT Headquarters and they always seem to have a fleet of brand new equipment. If they could somehow cut back on waste I bet they could fund a lot of highway improvements.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Umm, Bob Dole is still alive.

Actually, I became reacquainted with that fact just a few days ago.
Damn ... he was the big politician that got that going.
Dole made millions by backing ethanol and ADM (Archer Daniels Midland).
ADM produces around 2/3's of the ethanol used by the US.

rod

Retired 22 years

Ethanol---the biggest rip off to the American tax payer ever shoved down their throats.

rod

Retired 22 years

I've got an engineer brother-in-law who made his millions going around the country and the world building ethanol plants. He and I have had many heated discussions on what a rip off ethanol is---to the point of if he wasn't my wifes brother I would have thrown him out of my house.