Trump 'considers' $1 per gallon gas tax

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've got an engineer brother-in-law who made his millions going around the country and the world building ethanol plants. He and I have had many heated discussions on what a rip off ethanol is---to the point of if he wasn't my wifes brother I would have thrown him out of my house.
Good for you.
Ethanol is nothing but ADM lining politicians' pockets.

wkmac

I've got an engineer brother-in-law who made his millions going around the country and the world building ethanol plants. He and I have had many heated discussions on what a rip off ethanol is---to the point of if he wasn't my wifes brother I would have thrown him out of my house.

Damn right. Corporate welfare at its worse!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Damn ... he was the big politician that got that going.
Dole made millions by backing ethanol and ADM (Archer Daniels Midland).
ADM produces around 2/3's of the ethanol used by the US.
The rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated. (or something close) Mark Twain

rod

Retired 22 years
The last truck I had was able to use E-85. I tried 3 tank fulls one time. Fuel mileage was cut by about a third, the truck lost power when pulling my camper, it stinks and its hard to find around here. I said screw it--never again. Out of probably 30 area gas stations we are down to just one that even handles it anymore. The local ethanol plant around here has quit making it and converted over to making other products.

rickyb

ralph nader always says we need to tax what we dont like.

and i am opposed to taxing people who are already poor or near it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Ethanol has really hurt the boating industries .
First off it started to eat most of the built in tanks on large boats . Which required cutting up the decks to remove and replace with a anti-ethanol tank . That ruined many a boater's season . Currently all outboards must be run dry after each use or their fuel systems become clogged . Unfortunately many do not do so . Running an outboard motor dry is a waste of time and clean air .

rickyb

if this would hurt oil company profits, then i cant see trump doing it being that hes totally beholden to corporate interests probably more so than obama who was bad.