Trump 'considers' $1 per gallon gas tax

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It works as a major fuel source in Brazil because the gov't forced it to.
They use the remains of their sugarcane to produce it .
Unlike the USA which uses mostly food crops as their source material .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's ridiculous. Food, one way or another, is fuel.
Take half the country's corn and use it for fuel.... doesn't take an economist to see what happens to the price of food. Not to mention the billions in corporate welfare and negative impact on the environment.

It's a piss poor policy basically.

MAKAVELI

Take half the country's corn and use it for fuel.... doesn't take an economist to see what happens to the price of food. Not to mention the billions in corporate welfare and negative impact on the environment.

It's a piss poor policy basically.
Maybe that's by design.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Of course.

And it is also a regressive tax that hits poor people harder. So much for caring about the poor.
I actually think it should be raise but not a dollar, maybe 10-30 cent. It hasn't been raise since 93 I heard. My only issue is I doubt it goes where it needs to go

MAKAVELI

democrats have wanted to raise the gas tax for a long time
Because with increased fuel mileage requirements, the tax revenue from fuel has decreased significantly. Now what do you think is going to happen if Drumpf rolls back CAFE standards and increases the fuel tax?

Jkloc420

Because with increased fuel mileage requirements, the tax revenue from fuel has decreased significantly. Now what do you think is going to happen if Drumpf rolls back CAFE standards and increases the fuel tax?
I think it needs raised and I voted for trump

Jkloc420

Also no one is going to notice 10-30 cent hike 10 years from now, most don't even know now the gas gots a fed tax