Trump meets with Kim Jung Un

refineryworker05

A deal with NK hasn't been made yet numbnutz.

I know you don't like him, in itself that is good enough for me. Go to the backseat, and it's the quiet game remember. SSSH
Smh, I didn’t post that a deal with nk has been made. I posted that trump had gotten nothing. Had accomplished nothing.

refineryworker05

He *may* get some remains back, and that is something. If it happens (and we don't pay for them) I will give him credit for it.

It's a big deal.

So far he has gotten nothing. I mean nothing.

Iran got rid of 98% of its nuclear material following the nuke agreement, did republicans consider that a big deal? When North Korea released hostages when Obama was president did republicans consider that a big deal? In 2012 when North Korea said they would get rid of their nukes, did republicans consider it a big deal?

My issue is trump doesn’t actually care about this issue, this literally just a photo op for him. What’s best for the nation is not driving his decision making. He literally did nothing that hadn’t been done before in terms of the agreement besides meeting with the North Korean dictator and raining him in compliments. He could have gotten that get rid of nukes agreement without meeting Un. It’s been done repeatedly.

refineryworker05

Except the process has just started. How long did Kerry work on the Iran deal? Yet somehow you guys think Trump just has to flip a switch. SMH.

This stuff is a repeat of a repeat. The only thing new is trump meeting with Un and praising him.

In 2012, North Korea had an agreement with America saying they get rid of their nukes.

Currently The state department is understaffed. The department of justice is understaffed,

But most importantly, trump doesn’t care or know much about this issue, he viewed it as a photo op.

Why pretend otherwise?

vantexan

So far he has gotten nothing. I mean nothing.

Iran got rid of 98% of its nuclear material following the nuke agreement, did republicans consider that a big deal? When North Korea released hostages when Obama was president did republicans consider that a big deal? In 2012 when North Korea said they would get rid of their nukes, did republicans consider it a big deal?

My issue is trump doesn’t actually care about this issue, this literally just a photo op for him. What’s best for the nation is not driving his decision making. He literally did nothing that hadn’t been done before in terms of the agreement besides meeting with the North Korean dictator and raining him in compliments. He could have gotten that get rid of nukes agreement without meeting Un. It’s been done repeatedly.
That's the point, it's been done repeatedly, but no president has ever gotten this far. They usually just throw money at the NK's in exchange for stopping the saber rattling. This president stated he would retaliate and the NK's know he means it. And the Iranian deal only slowed down the Iranians, didn't insure no nukes. And they violated it by continuing to work on their ballistic missiles. But, oh right, I'm a Republican and according to you I really don't care. You're an effing maroon.

refineryworker05

That's the point, it's been done repeatedly, but no president has ever gotten this far. They usually just throw money at the NK's in exchange for stopping the saber rattling. This president stated he would retaliate and the NK's know he means it. And the Iranian deal only slowed down the Iranians, didn't insure no nukes. And they violated it by continuing to work on their ballistic missiles. But, oh right, I'm a Republican and according to you I really don't care. You're an effing maroon.

He has gotten nothing. So he has done nothing but give North Korea the meeting it was begging for and rain praise on Un.

republicans don’t care about a nuclear Iran. What trump did made it much more likely they’ll get nuclear weapons.

Again Iran got rid of 98% of their nuclear material, there was zero acknowledgement from republicans. trump has a meeting and he has really accomplished something. Lol.

vantexan

He has gotten nothing. So he has done nothing but give North Korea the meeting it was begging for and rain praise on Un.

republicans don’t care about a nuclear Iran. What trump did made it much more likely they’ll get nuclear weapons.

Again Iran got rid of 98% of their nuclear material, there was zero acknowledgement from republicans. trump has a meeting and he has really accomplished something. Lol.
Yes and the Iranian president has ordered the uranium enrichment process to begin again. The Iran deal never stopped Iran from ever having nukes, only delayed it. Trump's meeting with NK was the start of the process, that's all.

Sportello

"Trump says" is the take away from that piece.

Try this one, same publication:

Remains of U.S. service members who died in North Korea during the Korean War, and have been in limbo for years, may be starting their final journey home within days.

I bolded the operative word for you. I hope it does happen, like I said, it's a big deal. It hasn't happened yet.

refineryworker05

Yes and the Iranian president has ordered the uranium enrichment process to begin again. The Iran deal never stopped Iran from ever having nukes, only delayed it. Trump's meeting with NK was the start of the process, that's all.

Yeah because trump got rid of the Iranian nuclear deal. Which means trump greatly increased the likelihood that they’ll get nukes. That’s my point.

This stopped versus delayed point is just semantics. But you run with it.

So if it’s a start that’s accomplished nothing, Why is trump lying and saying NK is no longer a nuclear threat. According to trump they are going to start getting rid of nukes very quickly. I know. I know trump lying and making stuff up is ignored. Lol. Yeah. It’s just the start with nothing actually done but that’s not according to that trump photo op.

bbsam

Staff member
Come on Dude ... even Obama disagrees with you.

Frustrated Obama's message: I'll go it alone (CNBC)
27 Jan 2014

When he stands before lawmakers Tuesday night for his State of the Union speech, President Barack Obama will have a message for the divided Congress that has largely stymied his agenda for the past three years: Fine, I'll go it alone.

"I've got a pen," Obama has said in the weeks leading up to the speech, "and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions that move the ball forward."
But it was not law.

bbsam

Staff member
Wow, lots of posters (even Tony! the main simian) talking like this is a done deal.

Irrational exuberance?

We haven’t even started negotiations, y’all are talking ‘world peace’.

Settle down.

(On a side note, when Obama won the Nobel, which was weird, his lawyers advised him that he couldn’t take the money...imagine Trump not taking the money!!!)
Oh, how things get complicated quickly!

Kim Jong Un ends visit to China with a message for the US - CNNPolitics

BrownArmy

China has a ‘thousand-year stare’, if Trump thinks he can bully them with tariffs he’s mistaken. There’s no amount of pain we can inflict on China that they can’t outwait - Trump won’t be President forever.

The tariffs just translate to higher prices for American consumers. I realize we have legitimate grievances with China over IP theft etc., I’m just not sure tariffs are the right mechanism for redress.

bbsam

Staff member
China has a ‘thousand-year stare’, if Trump thinks he can bully them with tariffs he’s mistaken. There’s no amount of pain we can inflict on China that they can’t outwait - Trump won’t be President forever.

The tariffs just translate to higher prices for American consumers. I realize we have legitimate grievances with China over IP theft etc., I’m just not sure tariffs are the right mechanism for redress.
Not to mention the huge amount of American debt the Chinese own.