Tulsi Gabbard leaves Dem party

floridays

I agree with you to some extent but many of the things you’re saying she disagreed with the Democrat party Donald Trump agreed with the Democrat party at one point in his life and he changed. Or at least he says he changed why can’t she? Obviously I would agree with you as well the proof will be in the pudding. And the pudding has not yet been made so I will leave my judgment about her actual change of heart.
I base my conclusion on the fact that many of the things she notes are true and have been for over a decade.
Why the big epiphany now?

That is why I am suspect.

Concerning Trump, he was a businessman not a politician casting votes. His job was to make money, the most money to be made living in New York City was to be made as a democrat.

I've never seen his former positions stated, I'd ask the same questions of him.
Give me some ammunition if you have it.
I'll check it out and give it the same scrutiny.

Thebrownblob

I base my conclusion on the fact that many of the things she notes are true and have been for over a decade.
Why the big epiphany now?

That is why I am suspect.

Concerning Trump, he was a businessman not a politician casting votes. His job was to make money, the most money to be made living in New York City was to be made as a democrat.

I've never seen his former positions stated, I'd ask the same questions of him.
Give me some ammunition if you have it.
I'll check it out and give it the same scrutiny.
I would think putting your morals and convictions aside to make money would be enough ammunition, especially if you know the party you say you’re part of is that evil as he says now. I’m not saying he did not change him saying that was a personality flaw on his part I believe people can change. I grew up with people telling me you don’t do things just because you’re told you have to stand on principle.
There’s a whole lot of people who are in their 20s and 30s who are going to wake up to reality that the party they supported were never what they thought, I say we embrace them. But as always trust but verify.

If you’re looking for a stance the only one off the top of my head I can think of is abortion. Trump said he supported it originally now he does not because he had a change of heart. Abortion has not changed but I do believe Trump did. Do you trust him that he changed?

floridays

I would think putting your morals and convictions aside to make money would be enough ammunition, especially if you know the party you say you’re part of is that evil as he says now. I’m not saying he did not change him saying that was a personality flaw on his part I believe people can change. I grew up with people telling me you don’t do things just because you’re told you have to stand on principle.
There’s a whole lot of people who are in their 20s and 30s who are going to wake up to reality that the party they supported were never what they thought, I say we embrace them. But as always trust but verify.

If you’re looking for a stance the only one off the top of my head I can think of is abortion. Trump said he supported it originally now he does not because he had a change of heart. Abortion has not changed but I do believe Trump did. Do you trust him that he changed?
I guess I'd have to know why he changed his mind.

I actually know of women that have had an abortion and now are pro-lifers, I also know the reason for the change in their position. I'd have to know why he changed his position.

Thebrownblob

Nah. I’ve seen some excerpts of folks trying harder than the one before to grovel before a golden Trump statue. Figuratively and literally.
I think both sides gravel at the feet of their masters. I applaud her for breaking the chains of one master hopefully she does not run to the other.

floridays

This is an example of what I was talking about.

This was written about Tulsi Gabbard

Hawaii/United States – -(AmmoLand.com)- One of the Democrats seen as a breath of fresh air is Representative Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii. She has, at times, seemed rational compared to the likes of her colleagues Jerrold Nadler or Eric Swalwell, the latter of whom is running for president on an extreme anti-Second Amendment platform.

Well, I wish I could say that Gabbard is great on Second Amendment issues, but that would not be reflective of her record. Regretfully, her voting record is as bad as Nadler or Swalwell, although to her credit, she hasn’t trafficked in the smears that Swalwell has.

According to one official campaign statement, Gabbard has supported the usual list of anti-Second Amendment legislation we have come to expect: A ban on modern multi-purpose semi-automatic firearms, arbitrary limits on magazine capacity, “universal” background checks… that list goes on and on. In other words, her votes are those of a typical anti-Second Amendment extremist. She also voted against preventing the District of Columbia from enforcing its draconian gun laws, and she also opposed HR 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act.

What is most concerning about her support for a ban on modern multi-purpose semi-automatic firearms is the fact that she, as a military veteran who deployed overseas, should know the difference between the real M16 and M4 assault rifles that our troops have used to fight the Global War on Terror and the AR-15s that law-abiding citizens have the right to buy and own in the United States. To her credit, she calls these firearms “military-style assault weapons,” which accurately reflects their visual appearance. Still, the very use of the term “assault weapon” creates confusion. This should prompt very sharp scrutiny from Second Amendment supporters to determine if she is misinformed, or deliberately lying.

Issue Position

By: Tulsi Gabbard
Date: Jan. 1, 2018

Issues: GUNS
Tulsi has a consistent record of advocating for sensible gun control. She has long called for reinstating a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and high capacity magazines, requiring comprehensive pre-purchase background checks, closing the gun-show loophole, and making sure that terrorists are not allowed to buy guns. Tulsi has an friend-rating from the NRA, a 0% rating by the Hawaii Rifle Association, and a 100% rating by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. She is focused on building bipartisan solutions that can actually be passed into law, rather than using the issue as a partisan political football.

Source

floridays

Tulsi Gabbard from her substack, her own words,

Today’s Democratic Party does not believe in our constitutionally protected right to bear arms. Our founders passed the Second Amendment out of a recognition that every one of us has a right to defend ourselves and our loved ones, and to serve as a check on a tyrannical government seeking to take away our God-given freedoms. The Democratic Party’s hatred of the Second Amendment and their increasing authoritarian instincts pose a serious threat to our freedoms. "Hell yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47,” Beto O'Rourke said at a debate when he was running for president. Our founders intentionally passed the Second Amendment right after the First Amendment. The majority ruling from the recent Supreme Court ruling striking down New York’s law that barred people from concealed carry firearms summarized very clearly why Democrats are wrong to try to take away our rights:Just as we do not need to seek a permit to stand on the street corner and exercise our right to free speech, we shouldn’t have to seek permission for a law abiding citizen to carry their firearm. We as a society don’t get to pick and choose which of our rights in the constitution are more worthy of protecting than another.” Protecting our freedom to defend ourselves and those we love, and protecting our rights and freedoms enshrined in the Constitution against a tyrannical power is exactly why we must ensure our right to bear arms “shall not be infringed.”

newolddude

I think both sides gravel at the feet of their masters. I applaud her for breaking the chains of one master hopefully she does not run to the other.
Democrats have off cycle conventions where they pray to the golden statue of their leader and invite foreign authoritarians?

28CPAC-SCENE1SUB2-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Tulsi Gabbard from her substack, her own words,

Today’s Democratic Party does not believe in our constitutionally protected right to bear arms. Our founders passed the Second Amendment out of a recognition that every one of us has a right to defend ourselves and our loved ones, and to serve as a check on a tyrannical government seeking to take away our God-given freedoms. The Democratic Party’s hatred of the Second Amendment and their increasing authoritarian instincts pose a serious threat to our freedoms. "Hell yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47,” Beto O'Rourke said at a debate when he was running for president. Our founders intentionally passed the Second Amendment right after the First Amendment. The majority ruling from the recent Supreme Court ruling striking down New York’s law that barred people from concealed carry firearms summarized very clearly why Democrats are wrong to try to take away our rights:Just as we do not need to seek a permit to stand on the street corner and exercise our right to free speech, we shouldn’t have to seek permission for a law abiding citizen to carry their firearm. We as a society don’t get to pick and choose which of our rights in the constitution are more worthy of protecting than another.” Protecting our freedom to defend ourselves and those we love, and protecting our rights and freedoms enshrined in the Constitution against a tyrannical power is exactly why we must ensure our right to bear arms “shall not be infringed.”
I think I pointed out my dislike of her gun position. It would certainly cause me not to vote for her as I never really plan to I’m simply stating I like the way she’s moving.

To me someone who would do something for money is a lot more dangerous than someone who does something because they were naïve. Someone that would change their position only to make money is very suspect because they can be moved simply because they can be bought, not because they were fooled and believe something stupid with their heart. People who do things only for money know what the truth is and do the opposite anyway, they are the kind of people I have been against my whole life. That does not mean those people cannot change as well it just means I would say they are much more suspect than people who are young naïve and believed lies.

Last edited:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
No, it was not a joke.

he is going to make huge money with a new podcast, and make bucks every time she makes a tv appearance on anyone's show.

She is not an elected official, what was her money stream before yesterday's announcement?

And she doesn't have a chance in hell of being President.

That was the joke.
So she was a grifter when she went against the establishment as a politician and made no money, but now she's a grifter too because she's in the private sector and is trying to make a living?

Okay.....

floridays

I think I pointed out my dislike of her gun position. It would certainly cause me not to vote for her as I never really plan to I’m simply stating I like the way she’s moving.

To me someone who would do something for money is a lot more dangerous than someone who does something because they were naïve. Someone that would change their position only to make money is very suspect because they can be moved simply because they can be bought not because they were fooled and believe something stupid with their heart. People who do things only for money know what the truth is and do the opposite anyway, they are the kind of people I have been against my whole life. That does not mean those people cannot change as well it just means I would say they are much more suspect than people who are young naïve and believed lies.
You did.

My initial post was not to agree or disagree with her positions, I was just curious why it took her so long to change her point of view. It's not like the party just lurched into these positions recently, many are decades old.

I'm still waiting for a list of these "things" Trump is being charged with.
I told you I would give them the same scrutiny when submitted.

I'm waiting, I dealt with abortion already.

Thebrownblob

You did.

My initial post was not to agree or disagree with her positions, I was just curious why it took her so long to change her point of view. It's not like the party just lurched into these positions recently, many are decades old.

I'm still waiting for a list of these "things" Trump is being charged with.
I told you I would give them the same scrutiny when submitted.

I'm waiting, I dealt with abortion already.
Oh I’m made it quite clear anyone that would do and change their position for money is Much more dangerous than someone who will change the position simply by being naïve. You said Trump did it because of money. What else could he be bought for? How much would it take for him to change his position? Personally I think he has actually changed his stance legitimately but how do we know when he knew the truth and did it for money anyway? Just ponder it and answer however you like it’s not a yes or no question, it’s just the way I see it.

newfie

She was a Congresswoman and pretty much had to be a Democrat to get elected in Hawaii. She's very pro military and had made some anti.gay statements years ago so the Dems really effed with her during her presidential run.
after promoting her as the future of the party

100%

She is quite polished on a stage. Only problem is that it may be an act. She was trained under Klaus Schwab with Putin Trudeau and others as a young global leader. So whatever that means.
Your comment means you know absolutely nothing about Gabbard. Smh