Twilight Hub making severe cuts

blue efficacy

The twilight sort at my building is facing severe cutbacks. My building has 3 secondary slides as well as five "Primary Direct" belts. One of each is scheduled to be closed very soon.

Our hub has been down in volume but I did not see anything this drastic coming. One of the PD's closing, sure, but to lose a secondary is a big deal.

The secondary belt in question also handles all of the local volume for the Preload. So this will entail the loss of a position for a boxline sorter for each of the four centers as well. The sorters on that aisle are all quite high seniority, including one non-22.3 Full Timer and I am guessing some of them may be stuck loading!

I imagine the plan is to put all of the local preload volume into trailers to be unloaded later.

Things are getting bad, and fast. I imagine some poor new kids will soon be told their services are no longer needed at the company.

Needless to say, I shall soon halt tolerating supervisors working in ANY form.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The twilight sort at my building is facing severe cutbacks. My building has 3 secondary slides as well as five "Primary Direct" belts. One of each is scheduled to be closed very soon.

Our hub has been down in volume but I did not see anything this drastic coming. One of the PD's closing, sure, but to lose a secondary is a big deal.

The secondary belt in question also handles all of the local volume for the Preload. So this will entail the loss of a position for a boxline sorter for each of the four centers as well. The sorters on that aisle are all quite high seniority, including one non-22.3 Full Timer and I am guessing some of them may be stuck loading!

I imagine the plan is to put all of the local preload volume into trailers to be unloaded later.

Things are getting bad, and fast. I imagine some poor new kids will soon be told their services are no longer needed at the company.

I prefer to remain anonymous, but as a 22.3 on the preload shift for one half of my job, the same thing is happening. one PT is laid off, another is facing moved to hub (5 years company)- and as for the rest of us 22.3, we are SAFE for now anyway.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

So What! You come in here and spew your negative crap all the time and then expect us to give a damn that you are losing some work. NOT!

evilleace

Stop tolerating it now it should never be tolerated to begin with for ANY REASON! This is our work not theirs, file a grievance.

blue efficacy

Hoax, just tired of the same ol BS. Everything that Blue says is negative and condescending. Time to grow up.
Time for me to "Grow Up?"

How, pray tell, do I present myself as immature? There are a lot of negatives in this job, what is immature in presenting them?

My salary is not as bloated as a Package Car Driver, that certainly gives me less "Positives" for me to use to offset the negatives in this job.

3.5 hours a night and nothing above. I beg your humble forgiveness for not seeing the positives in this.

My job has one positive, and that is health insurance. That is the reason I am here. So yes, I am thankful everyday that UPS provides me with that benefit.

But on the other hand, that very same health insurance also keeps me as a "Prisoner" as I could not sustain myself without it. For that same reason I need that health insurance so desperately, I may never be a "Full Time Driver."

So Dilligaf, I reiterate my humble apologies if I come across a bit negative. It must be rough making $29 an hour and not having a major medical condition that my lifestyle was certainly not responsible for, and then having the audacity to judge those who are not in as blessèd a situation as yours and write them off as "Immature, Negative, and Deserving of your Building Losing Work."

You probably think any Driver laid off at your center deserves it, too.

This is the same self-centered attitude that keeps Part Timers making Third World Wages.

evilleace

Hold on man we are way above third world wages and I am sorry for your condition but PC drivers work very hard for their money (so you better treat them right![lol]) and the pt pay isnt great but the bennies you get are excellent for even a ft job so be thankful for that.

UPSNewbie

Hold on man we are way above third world wages and I am sorry for your condition but PC drivers work very hard for their money (so you better treat them right![lol]) and the pt pay isnt great but the bennies you get are excellent for even a ft job so be thankful for that.

Agreed. Starting out pay for me, felt huge.

I came from a restaurant at 6.35/hr to 9.50/hr at UPS.