two pay raises this year??

outtatime

If it's no big deal, then why the song and dance? Why the barbecues and endless meetings? Please tell us Dano ?
Management always says to not use one or two instances when answering questions but instead go by everything overall throughout the year. But then they give out free food for the weeks preceding SFA to kind of cloud your memory. Always seemed to me like a cheap way to boost the scores.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
When couriers refuse to take it in greater numbers the company knows it's authority is slipping away.

But of course!

Way back when we hopped to everything they asked of us because it was a job worth keeping. After more than a decade of bald faced lying we realized that anything they want from us is because it benefits them, not us, and if there's a possibility of losing the job, so what? They have no moral authority.

Is that why you keep coming back after you quit?

59 Dano

Management always says to not use one or two instances when answering questions but instead go by everything overall throughout the year. But then they give out free food for the weeks preceding SFA to kind of cloud your memory. Always seemed to me like a cheap way to boost the scores.

Absolutely true. But then those taking the SFA don't go by everything overall throughout the year, either, so everyone is even.

vantexan

Say it a few more times, if that helps.
Fortune one year had lengthy profiles of it's 10 best companies to work for(of the total 100). They brought up the GFT process as well the empowerment of employees through surveys. Granted that was in the 90's, but why push for 100% involvement if no one cares but the company?

59 Dano

Fortune one year had lengthy profiles of it's 10 best companies to work for(of the total 100). They brought up the GFT process as well the empowerment of employees through surveys. Granted that was in the 90's, but why push for 100% involvement if no one cares but the company?

Ah, so you read something that mentioned surveys 15 or 20 years ago, so you assume that means that 100% participation means... whatever it was that you were saying.

vantexan

I didn't. I'm asking why you don't send whatever message about your manager, the company, etc. that you want to send will count more if you actually make the effort to send it.
Judging by FedEx's push for 100% I think my not participating is a tad bigger blip than my participating.

MondayLates

"Don't hold one bad decision against us" they plead. Yet if we get a letter, that's a bad decision they hold over us FOR A FREAKING YEAR.

fedex_rtd

I think the big question concerning this years pay raise will be how they treat those employees who's current pay falls between the two steps.

Another thing to keep in mind is that historically this company has always found a way to take back part of a raise, soon after giving it...for example, taking away shift differential pay shortly after a pay raise. One should not trust the company, or their mouth pieces...(59 Dano)

dezguy

Ah, so you read something that mentioned surveys 15 or 20 years ago, so you assume that means that 100% participation means... whatever it was that you were saying.
SFA comes up in propaganda they give us about articles about FedEx being one of the top 50-100 employers in Canada, year after year. It's not something that came up 10 or 20 years ago, at least not up here.