two pay raises this year??

vantexan

Every other month cutting OT is a hot topic, you just have to notice when it's not and take advantage
I've got a mgr that watches everything like a hawk, including going over our deliveries and telling us which ones we should've given to next route over to lower our OT. I've had super spread out heavy days that she has had me sign off on that I drove more miles than the route normally does. Never saw this before, would've never even come up with previous mgr. It's a small station, big station mgr's are too busy to micromanage I guess.

Artee

Must be nice, I work 38-47hrs a week(~$425/week and cleared 22k, of course having a full family on FedEx's Cadillac Insurance plan...haha I could buy a Caddy for what it costs me.($125+ a week)

If you are taking the top health insurance plan you are wasting your money. Unless your family is less than healthy you are not getting the benefit out of it. These are nothing more than catastrophic plans. They are not health plans. So you might as well go for the cheapest and pocket the remainder for a rainy day.

fedex_rtd

If you have been with Express as long as I have, you will understand my lack of trust with the company when it comes to these pay raise "deals".

I was with the company back when we got two raises a year, we went from a max of two 3.5% raises a year to a max of 7% per year, that lasted for a couple of years, and then the company thinned it down to 3% to 4% per year, and with it the opportunity to top out.

A few years ago the company gave us a large raise, and then a few months latter they took away the split shift differential, along with the second and third shift differential. For the RTD drivers that worked the 3rd shift it was a net loss, for 2nd shift workers it was a wash or tiny gain.

Now the company is going to give us a large raise, but take away the market levels??? Sorry but I just don't trust the talking heads in Memphis not to screw over the hourly workers again. Especially those in the higher market levels along both coasts.

vantexan

If you have been with Express as long as I have, you will understand my lack of trust with the company when it comes to these pay raise "deals".

I was with the company back when we got two raises a year, we went from a max of two 3.5% raises a year to a max of 7% per year, that lasted for a couple of years, and then the company thinned it down to 3% to 4% per year, and with it the opportunity to top out.

A few years ago the company gave us a large raise, and then a few months latter they took away the split shift differential, along with the second and third shift differential. For the RTD drivers that worked the 3rd shift it was a net loss, for 2nd shift workers it was a wash or tiny gain.

Now the company is going to give us a large raise, but take away the market levels??? Sorry but I just don't trust the talking heads in Memphis not to screw over the hourly workers again. Especially those in the higher market levels along both coasts.
Let's be honest, do you really think they're going to reduce pay in New York City or San Francisco? If the rumors are true look for them to reduce the number of payscales and most likely eliminate for sure the lowest one.

SmithBarney

I doubt they would eliminate those payscales, and probably leave an exception for "areas of exceptional cost of living"
And even though I've heard it from two reliable sources(not including whoever started this thread) I don't believe anything til I see it on my check. I wouldn't doubt seeing a large increase in healthcare costs again.

whenIgetthere

I just can't believe they are paying that low in parts of the country, I think I'm in B level (I don't really know because I've been here so long my rate isn't even on the scale) but our starting pay is now 17.05 I believe

I am scale B, fifteen years and only make a buck an hour more than that. I don't think you're a B.

whenIgetthere

I doubt they would eliminate those payscales, and probably leave an exception for "areas of exceptional cost of living"
And even though I've heard it from two reliable sources(not including whoever started this thread) I don't believe anything til I see it on my check. I wouldn't doubt seeing a large increase in healthcare costs again.

I heard it from the district MD and I still won't believe it until I see it on my paystub.

Purplepackage

I am scale B, fifteen years and only make a buck an hour more than that. I don't think you're a B.

You're right I checked last night, I'm on an E scale but I'm not really sure why, aren't near any major metro areas and we only have about 50 employees total counting everyone. A lot of our routes service some super rural stuff

vantexan

Anyone else confirm 2nd raise in june
If they just eliminate the two lowest payscales, for example, then the only employees getting a second "raise" would be those on the two lowest payscales. Haven't heard anything at my station yet so not getting too excited.

fatboy33

No matter how many times I read this, I'm just not getting it. What?
Add a conjunction and punctuation and you'll get it. You must be bad at crossword puzzles, by the way." X(I) XXXX-(own) my own house(and) old school cars(.).........................".

fatboy33

Like many of you i will just wait until i see it ...as of now am happy i def do believe we should be compensated better but also keep in mind its not fedex fault your in debt or had to file bankruptcy its all our fault thats why i chose not to have any kind of credit card bills i am free of all that and still have money to play with on top of paying my morgage etc
With so many Degrees holding posters on this site, one would think a missing punctuation wouldn't give them the feeling their trying to decipher a spy code but I guess not.

AllBoxes

A friend/manager (that I trust) told me he spoke with someone in the higher planning smart people group in Memphis and Express will start a 10 year top out plan to compete with other delivery companies. Yes it fails in comparison but I am happy about it.

Nolimitz

A friend/manager (that I trust) told me he spoke with someone in the higher planning smart people group in Memphis and Express will start a 10 year top out plan to compete with other delivery companies. Yes it fails in comparison but I am happy about it.

Right now it is "loosely defined" as a 10 step plan.... NO one is for sure about 10 years. If the economy tanks the plan goes with it as always.... Must support Wall Street first.

SmithBarney

Remember it's a 10 STEP plan, they purposely do not say YEARS.
Except if you are 10 years in... it'll still possibly take you a 6-8more STEPS until you top out...

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Right now it is "loosely defined" as a 10 step plan.... NO one is for sure about 10 years. If the economy tanks the plan goes with it as always.... Must support Wall Street first.

Remember it's a 10 STEP plan, they purposely do not say YEARS.
Except if you are 10 years in... it'll still possibly take you a 6-8more STEPS until you top out...
And the carrot remains as elusive as ever.

whatwhat

I talked to a Senior Manager about it, and she said that they are indeed reducing the amount of pay scales. Also, how the managers have different pay codes, if you have been here long enough you know what I am talking about. She wouldn't go into much more detail than that though. I asked about a pay raise in June, and she had no idea what I was talking about.