Two tier wage system, who does it affect?

twoweeled

It's rather self-explanatory.

It's one of the most important "contractual tenets" of Article 37.

ARTICLE 37

MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEE REALATIONS

Section 1.

(a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s interest.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

Would it be fair, to have 2 different drivers doing the same work load....

And one, making $10.00 an hour less ??

I seriously doubt, the company would be so "heart felt" as to lighten the driver's load

who is making less money per hour.

Maybe, some other drivers would chime in.

I could be wrong. :biggrin:

-Bug-
I'm pretty sure that already happens. I don't know what it takes to reach top pay nowadays, but I think it's more than 6 months, now. That means some drivers are making less, for the same work. Eventually they do reach the same pay, but until then, , , , ,
I hope your correct, but I can see a 2 tier happening. Maybe a little off track, but not totally. Look at what we do to the retirees now, because retirees have no political power to vote officers out. Well, the same principle would hold true with people who haven't been hired yet. (as I write this, I see a flaw in my scenario) LMAO!!!!!
I'd have to know more about the two tier system.
laughing%20baby.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Over70irregs

I am a very confident person and fully believe that I am worth every penny that I earn; however, I am also a realist who knows that the wage disparity between ourselves and Ground has to be addressed.

The progression is long enough.

The UAW endorsed a two tier wage schedule for its new members and the industry has not missed a beat since.
But UAW started that two tier wage system due to not being efficient. They also needed bailing out by government. We are the "Physical Bailout" at big brown therefore no two tier wage is necessary.