Two tier wage system, who does it affect?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Do you really think a few vague words would really stop a two tier wage system for package cars. PT wouldn't care, would not apply to Feeders so they would't care, would not apply to current package car drivers so they wouldn't care. Even if it was voted down the IBT would override the vote and pass it anyway.

EVERY driver better care!! I have said it once and will say it till I can't speak. A 2 tiered wage scale would put every top tier driver squarely in the cross hairs. The bean counters would point and every DM, center manager and on-car would pull the trigger until the gun broke or their fingers fell off! Remember, our CEO came from accounting!

Once it went through for package don't think for 1 minute they would bring it right into feeders.

Everyone needs to think 10 steps/moves ahead. UPS is I promise you!!

dudebro

Our CEO did not come from accounting. He was an operations manager nearly all of his career. He was my DM on a large north east night sort, if that gives you any idea how poorly I've managed my career...

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Pretty sure he came over from an Air freight company ups bought, Sonic Air. Now I need to go reread his bio.

Browndriver5

Grossing $100K would net you about $80K if there was nothing taken out for retirement. The 35% would come off of the $100K, bringing that down to $65K. Taxes on that would be about $15K, bringing it down to $50K, which is half of what they grossed.

Do you know the difference between pre and post tax 401ks?

Dr.Brownz

Are you talking about how part timers used to make driver wages and now don't? Is there a two tier wage system within the part time ranks?

Yeah. Lot of old school PTers get more money. I never heard about it while I was PT though, not till I got involved in Union actions.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

EVERY driver better care!! I have said it once and will say it till I can't speak. A 2 tiered wage scale would put every top tier driver squarely in the cross hairs. The bean counters would point and every DM, center manager and on-car would pull the trigger until the gun broke or their fingers fell off! Remember, our CEO came from accounting!

Once it went through for package don't think for 1 minute they would bring it right into feeders.

Everyone needs to think 10 steps/moves ahead. UPS is I promise you!!

When implemented, the two tiered would be across the board for ALL new FT employees, not just package car drivers.

The Range

In too deep
UpstateNYUPSer has been on about the two-tier wages for the last decade. He is not self-confident, therefore does not believe he is worth what he is paid and thinks a two-tier system is the only way UPS will stay afloat. There will be no two-tier wage system. Extensions of the progression time in the coming contracts is possible. I believe any further should be considered an issue worthy of a strike. Regardless of the optics of the outside world. That is an issue for PR to handle when the time comes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UpstateNYUPSer has been on about the two-tier wages for the last decade. He is not self-confident, therefore does not believe he is worth what he is paid and thinks a two-tier system is the only way UPS will stay afloat. There will be no two-tier wage system. Extensions of the progression time in the coming contracts is possible. I believe any further should be considered an issue worthy of a strike. Regardless of the optics of the outside world. That is an issue for PR to handle when the time comes.

I am a very confident person and fully believe that I am worth every penny that I earn; however, I am also a realist who knows that the wage disparity between ourselves and Ground has to be addressed.

The progression is long enough.

The UAW endorsed a two tier wage schedule for its new members and the industry has not missed a beat since.