Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your right. I've only been a driver in 4 buildings. 2 in California and 2 in Washington state. I realize there are plenty of rural routes. But you know they can make these vans with gas motors as well right?

I really hope I am worrying about nothing.
You're*

Hope this helps

sandwich

The resident gearhead
You're*

Hope this helps
1xbzp6.jpg

BlackCat

I can not get people to meet me halfway up a 300 ft driveway, you really think they are going to come out to a vehicle and get their crap?

clean hairy

Just how will it collect a C.O.D?
When making a Booze of the Month delivery, how will it
verify the person is at least 21?
In some parts of town it may be used for target practice....
How will it get a signature on stops requiring a sig?
How will it get into and deliver at an office building?
How will it deliver a 100 lb package up 3 flights of steps at an apartment building?
How will it respond to the green light of death, and when it gets back to the hub, will it get a warning letter for not using orion and backing too much?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Just how will it collect a C.O.D?
When making a Booze of the Month delivery, how will it
verify the person is at least 21?
In some parts of town it may be used for target practice....
How will it get a signature on stops requiring a sig?
How will it get into and deliver at an office building?
How will it deliver a 100 lb package up 3 flights of steps at an apartment building?
How will it respond to the green light of death, and when it gets back to the hub, will it get a warning letter for not using orion and backing too much?
The yes-men of today's management will promise corporate to make it work. Just like Orion.

brown_trousers

I thought that feeder runs would be the first to be automated, but this makes delivery possible too.

Scary to think that this might just be the proof of concept. When it finally reaches production it could be way more efficient.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I thought that feeder runs would be the first to be automated, but this makes delivery possible too.

No it doesn't.

Do you expect businesses to come out to this thing and get their packages? Or to load their outgoing into this thing?

Most houses we deliver to there is nobody home. How does this thing get the package to the porch?

I believe there is a 250 lb weight limit on this thing right now. What is that? 10 packages or less?

It might make sense for pizza or groceries, the customer is home and comes out to the car to get their stuff, but for package delivery, they have a long, long way to go.