MAKAVELI

I'm not a good judge of "new things". Hell---I swore nobody would be stupid enough to pay a dollar for a bottle of someone elses tap water but look where that has gone.
I really think it's the way of the future. Pretty much everything will be automated eventually. Don't underestimate the laziness and greed of society.

rod

Retired 22 years
I really think it's the way of the future. Pretty much everything will be automated eventually. Don't underestimate the laziness and greed of society.

This is why I hate seeing kids waste time and money getting a worthless 4 year degree when they would be much better off learning a trade. There will always be good paying jobs for carpenters, plumbers, electricians, lineman, etc.

brown_trousers

I'm not a good judge of "new things". Hell---I swore nobody would be stupid enough to pay a dollar for a bottle of someone elses tap water but look where that has gone.

Haha. I had the same thought about that online bookstore with the weird name. They wont last very long i thought. But alas, Amazon has grown pretty large.

MAKAVELI

This is why I hate seeing kids waste time and money getting a worthless 4 year degree when they would be much better off learning a trade. There will always be good paying jobs for carpenters, plumbers, electricians, lineman, etc.
Some kids just don't like physical labor. If the 4 year degree involves computers, technology, or healthcare, they really can't go wrong.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
My wife has a corporate office job. Trust me , getting the degree is the better option.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Really? Was that necessary?
Like the Wall Street Center erupting with a vengeance when a financial question is offered, so too must the University of Oxford Center spring forth in action at any and all grammatical indiscretions.

F

Frankie's Friend

No it doesn't.

Do you expect businesses to come out to this thing and get their packages? Or to load their outgoing into this thing?

Most houses we deliver to there is nobody home. How does this thing get the package to the porch?

I believe there is a 250 lb weight limit on this thing right now. What is that? 10 packages or less?

It might make sense for pizza or groceries, the customer is home and comes out to the car to get their stuff, but for package delivery, they have a long, long way to go.
Yeah bro. Send it into the hood and itll be scrap metal in 6 hrs.

F

Frankie's Friend

So you wont mind if they start sending out automated vehicles delivering some of your stops then?
It wont last long. No one checks the oil or does maintenance on existing trucks now. But it can take the new crack shipment into the hood war zone at 21:00 for me. Im good with that.

Last edited by a moderator: