Ukraine Conducts "Military Exercise" in Russia

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1702247393388.png

Box Ox

Ukraine has what, about 45 million population? And they're in Ukraine, not having to be imported. I don't see them running out of soldiers soon.

"Ukrainian men between the ages of 25 and 60 living abroad will be asked to report for military service, Defence Minister Rustem Umerov has said.

He described this as an "invitation" - but seemed to suggest anyone who did not comply would be sanctioned.

However, a spokesman later clarified that no call-up was being considered.

President Zelensky told journalists on Tuesday that 450,000-500,000 new soldiers were needed but achieving this was a "sensitive issue".

This comes as Ukraine's recent counter-offensive appears to have stalled."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

"Ukrainian men between the ages of 25 and 60 living abroad will be asked to report for military service, Defence Minister Rustem Umerov has said.

He described this as an "invitation" - but seemed to suggest anyone who did not comply would be sanctioned.

However, a spokesman later clarified that no call-up was being considered.

President Zelensky told journalists on Tuesday that 450,000-500,000 new soldiers were needed but achieving this was a "sensitive issue".

This comes as Ukraine's recent counter-offensive appears to have stalled."
Our commitment to Ukraine will not weaken. We will stand for liberty and freedom today, tomorrow, and for as long as it takes.

Joe Biden

Forever war party

Thebrownblob

Our commitment to Ukraine will not weaken. We will stand for liberty and freedom today, tomorrow, and for as long as it takes.

Joe Biden

Forever war party
Yep Anthony Blinken said we’re going to “fight to the last Ukrainian”. And he means it! I mean we’re gonna watch them fight while they die. How Noble.

Box Ox

It's telling how quiet the supposed Ukraine supporters got after it became clear that further aid to Ukraine would be contingent upon doing something about the illigal immigrant situation on our southern border. Maybe not as supportive of Ukraine as they thought.

Pentagon says Ukrainian soldiers running out of ammunition without US funds - POLITICO

1/23/2024

"Since December, Washington has been unable to send urgently needed military aid to Ukraine at the same levels as the previous two years, Celeste Wallander, the Pentagon’s top official overseeing international security affairs, told reporters.

That’s because the Pentagon has used all of the money allotted by Congress to replenish U.S. stockpiles provided to Ukraine, and have yet to approve new funding. President Joe Biden last year sent an emergency supplemental request to Congress including about $60 billion in additional funds for Ukraine, but that has been stalled on Capitol Hill over GOP demands for border policy changes."

PT Car Washer

It's telling how quiet the supposed Ukraine supporters got after it became clear that further aid to Ukraine would be contingent upon doing something about the illigal immigrant situation on our southern border. Maybe not as supportive of Ukraine as they thought.

Pentagon says Ukrainian soldiers running out of ammunition without US funds - POLITICO

1/23/2024

"Since December, Washington has been unable to send urgently needed military aid to Ukraine at the same levels as the previous two years, Celeste Wallander, the Pentagon’s top official overseeing international security affairs, told reporters.

That’s because the Pentagon has used all of the money allotted by Congress to replenish U.S. stockpiles provided to Ukraine, and have yet to approve new funding. President Joe Biden last year sent an emergency supplemental request to Congress including about $60 billion in additional funds for Ukraine, but that has been stalled on Capitol Hill over GOP demands for border policy changes."
Pro Russian Republicans holding up support for The Ukraine and border security.

Box Ox

Pro Russian Republicans holding up support for The Ukraine and border security.

It's just "Ukraine" these days.

The Republicans aren't going to agree to increase funding for the processing of illegal immigrants into the country. And I think more Republicans might support Ukraine than Democrats at this point. Leftists must have their open border and endless waves of illegal immigration. It's such a turn on for them that Ukraine is hardly an afterthought when they're at full mast over it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Russia can barely keep this war ongoing.
They are using junk ammo from NK.
Now the media is hyping the threat of Russia taking over more countries.
It will be decades before this pipe dream can be realized.
This war has shown the world just how weak Russia really is.

vantexan

And their demographics are so bad it's likely this is the last major war will ever fight.

Next Day Err

This is precisely why I think it’s in our best interest to make sure that Russia gets kicked hard in the teeth. Why not make sure Ukraine can continue the fight and maybe even push Russia farther back from their current lines?

My biggest concern is China seeing an opportunity to really prop up Russia after the United States and the West generally steps away from funding the fight in Ukraine. From China’s point of view they might see a surging Russia as part of their own plan to use Russia to continue to agitate and undermine Europe and distract the West.

I say we help Ukraine finish the job. Let’s keep making Russia look the part of the loser. China will lose interest in a very weak Russia for good. This helps NATO, the EU and the United States. My two cents.

Next Day Err

What would finishing the job look like in your opinion? This isn’t a gotcha question. I’m a strong supporter of Ukraine. But I’m also trying to be realistic about what’s achievable.
Hold the Russians off for as long as it takes. A war of attrition. Putin knows he can’t hold out as long as the West but also knows the West doesn’t understand his full intentions.

Next Day Err

Iran using its proxies at the behest of Russia to draw the attention of the US away from Ukraine whilst Russia’s proxies in the US government try to simultaneously cut off support for Ukraine. I give them credit for ingenuity, but if Trump fails then Biden will have 4 years to deal with them, unencumbered by the need to think about his next election. Poking the bear indeed.