Uline Feeder Run

barnyard

KTM rider
This is probably all going to fall under, 'past local practice.' We have feeder work in my building, where we do their deliveries, but someone from the hub does their CPU. We have 1 very large account where feeders from the hub take several loads during the day and 1 from our center takes a set out when they close their day out.
If the center or hub were changing location, you could follow the run. In this case, the customer is moving, I would think that unless there is extenuating circumstances, that that work will leave your center and be rebid in the closer building.
Uline is huge business for us.

rod

Retired 22 years
Used to be (20 years ago) a driver could follow his route if it was moved to a different center.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In this case, the customer is moving, I would think that unless there is extenuating circumstances, that that work will leave your center and be rebid in the closer building.

This isn't a "change of operations" type situation.

The contract is between the Teamsters and UPS.... what Uline does, is irrelevant.

They can move anywhere they want. That doesn't violate the contract.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Like Bug said it doesn't really matter, you don't get to follow your work when a customer moves.

A change of operations, is when the company would be moving work around.

They would notify the Local, set up a meeting and go from there.

It happens at YRC (freight) all the time when they are moving "lanes" around.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A change of operations, is when the company would be moving work around.

They would notify the Local, set up a meeting and go from there.

It happens at YRC (freight) all the time when they are moving "lanes" around.

Rumor is our center is expanding and will be taking work from two nearby centers. I would assume that the affected drivers would be given the opportunity to either follow their work or bump lower seniority drivers at their current locations.

I am so glad that I will be long gone before any of these moves are made.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Rumor is our center is expanding and will be taking work from two nearby centers. I would assume that the affected drivers would be given the opportunity to either follow their work or bump lower seniority drivers at their current locations.

I am so glad that I will be long gone before any of these moves are made.

That's exactly what a change of operations at UPS is.

Bid route drivers would be given the right to follow their work, and be dovetailed

in seniority order at the new location. If they chose not to.... they would remain

at the current location and be treated as a non-bid driver, until they could

bid a new route (or job) as per local bidding procedures.

-Bug-