Under No Circumstances Can 22.4 Be Allowed To Remain

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
This thread is about 22.4s. You said they would be covered by Article 19 of the WRS. I don't know why you keep bringing up RPCDs and 9.5

They will be covered by Article 19 but not by Article 37. So the company has no reason to even care if they file a Article 19 grievance. That's what I'm trying to tell you.

Honestly I've never had a 9.5 problem at my center. They don't violate us here and when they do they have paid each time. Granted it doesn't happen over night.
I understand this thread started out about 22.4s, but if you look back through this thread you'll see where someone referenced overtime/9.5 in relation to 22.4s

22.34life

The 22.4 jobs are a real pandora box,the language states that IF inside work is performed.so the company is gonna have a lot of "wiggle room" with these jobs.i dont think that we have thought out all the potential problems that comes with this but I guess that's true with every change.

LagunaBrown

Can 22.4 get on 9.5 in the west?
Article 19 WSA does not have the bite or penalty Article 37 NMA has but all consevations regarding Article 19 WSA has been documented. 9.5 in the WSA is recognizied and there are cards that might be able to be played to strengthen it. Personally I would file for a 22.4 under the WSA and see where it goes. Not trying is weak.

542thruNthru

Article 19 WSA does not have the bite or penalty Article 37 NMA has but all consevations regarding Article 19 WSA has been documented. 9.5 in the WSA is recognizied and there are cards that might be able to be played to strengthen it. Personally I would file for a 22.4 under the WSA and see where it goes. Not trying is weak.

I agree that it should definitely be tried. I'm just getting sick of hearing that it will keep 22.4s under 9.5.

It seems to be the go to answer people give around here to fool people into thinking 22.4s will be on some sort of 9.5 list.

LagunaBrown

Thought I'd share.
That’s dumb propaganda. Is that really what your about? I would rather have the balls to inform people on both sides and get called names and debate. Would you give your family that when talking about your future when you should be talking about how your risking your pension, raises and healthcare by voting no.

LagunaBrown

I agree that it should definitely be tried. I'm just getting sick of hearing that it will keep 22.4s under 9.5.

It seems to be the go to answer people give around here to fool people into thinking 22.4s will be on some sort of 9.5 list.
Yeah I hear some talk. I don’t expect much but still gonna push it.

rpoz11

Ok
So tell me how the 22.4 acquires their 8 hours worth of work.
Where is it coming from

LagunaBrown

The 22.4 jobs are a real pandora box,the language states that IF inside work is performed.so the company is gonna have a lot of "wiggle room" with these jobs.i dont think that we have thought out all the potential problems that comes with this but I guess that's true with every change.
I am sure want them to load their own cars on the weekend.

542thruNthru

Ok
So tell me how the 22.4 acquires their 8 hours worth of work.
Where is it coming from

I'm sorry I don't understand what you're getting at. We are talking about excessive hours protection.

22.4s where I am will get all their hours driving. They will be replacing Cover Drivers.

rpoz11

Just was thinking about the 9.5 mention and how work is diverted to obtain a minimum 8 hours worth of work for this category of driver.
The 9.5 drivers want their day at 9.5.
So 3 of the 5 days opens up volume diversion.
The company has to build an 8 hour truck.

542thruNthru

Just was thinking about the 9.5 mention and how work is diverted to obtain a minimum 8 hours worth of work for this category of driver.
The 9.5 drivers want their day at 9.5.
So 3 of the 5 days opens up volume diversion.
The company has to build an 8 hour truck.

I want to make sure I have this right. You think that because most drivers will now be on 9.5 that the 22.4s will usually get dispatched 8 hour days?

rpoz11

Just a place to start creating that work from.
They are already pulling/adding shelf ranges.

If not is the company holding back volume from a prior day, weekend, or SurePost holdover.
I'm more curious as to how they will establish the basis of this work and how the 22.4 category hatches