Under No Circumstances Can 22.4 Be Allowed To Remain

LagunaBrown

Why am I the only guy talking about the other side of the spectrum. You have to expect everything and there are so many variables. Some times you guys are just feeding each other BS.

542thruNthru

Ok so your saying the company didn’t learn from the last strike and are not prepared so they will just fold. Hmmmmm

They did learn from the strike and I'm sure they have some sort of plan. But you're a driver right. Think ORION or CIR is a great plan?

You can have all the plans in the world but labor is not something that you can create on a computer.

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit."

Mooseknuckle

last

1997 strike Fed Ex, the post office and everyone else had to turn volume away. The people that jumped ship first got taken care of and we gave competitors the money to make Fed Ex ground. Do you really think that won’t be ready to take as much as they can again.
UPS wasn't a publicly traded company in 97, huge difference! Fedex drivers are telling me their management told them they can handle 10% increase and then they'll be forced to stop picking up. True or not they will at some point. Also, don't forget, all their drivers will have quit and be trying to work for UPS is what you said.

Mooseknuckle

They did learn from the strike and I'm sure they have some sort of plan. But you're a driver right. Think ORION or CIR is a great plan?

You can have all the plans in the world but labor is not something that you can create on a computer.

They have a plan every peak also. Has that gone well? lol

LagunaBrown

I love that quote. Mike Tyson right?
You guys just gotta realize I do this to open your eyes. This is NOT as simple as people are making it.

F

Frankie's Friend

Ok so your saying the company didn’t learn from the last strike and are not prepared so they will just fold. Hmmmmm
Nah they don't have to fold dude...

The ibt did it for them.

Let's add the Surepost garbage language to the pile of empty vaseline tubes in the upcoming cba.
Now, if this passes, with the ibt's permission they can send our redirect volume to the post office if they roll one trailer in our bldg daily.

Remember the initial proposal to the company on surepost?

Get rid of it. It was struck out of the existing language.

Now look what they did....

Allowed our work to be sent to our competition.

I'm truly proud to support my honest brothers and sisters that hump pkgs in adverse weather and work conditions but I'm ashamed to watch the very things we asked to be strengthened turn the barrel on our livelihoods and call it "negotiating".

Save your pitiful pleas. We are fighting the union and the company just like it was in 2013.
Great legacy.
I would be ashamed.

542thruNthru

I love that quote. Mike Tyson right?
You guys just gotta realize I do this to open your eyes. This is NOT as simple as people are making it.

Oh I know man. I'm not attacking you for it. Nothing is ever as simple as it appears and the people on here banging their chest about a strike probably have no idea what they are talking about. Problem is this 22.4 is in the Master and everywhere is different. Also politics are involved which always screws things up.

Yes the quote is from Mike Tyson.

LagunaBrown

Nah they don't have to fold dude...

The ibt did it for them.

Let's add the Surepost garbage language to the pile of empty vaseline tubes in the upcoming cba.
Now, if this passes, with the ibt's permission they can send our redirect volume to the post office if they roll one trailer in our bldg daily.

Remember the initial proposal to the company on surepost?

Get rid of it. It was struck out of the existing language.

Now look what they did....

Allowed our work to be sent to our competition.

I'm truly proud to support my honest brothers and sisters that hump pkgs in adverse weather and work conditions but I'm ashamed to watch the very things we asked to be strengthened turn the barrel on our livelihoods and call it "negotiating".

Save your pitiful pleas. We are fighting the union and the company just like it was in 2013.
Great legacy.
I would be ashamed.
That was dumb. I file a crap ton of grievances and stick up for members if you can not debate and weigh options then you are a grunt.

LagunaBrown

Oh I know man. I'm not attacking you for it. Nothing is ever as simple as it appears and the people on here banging their chest about a strike probably have no idea what they are talking about. Problem is this 22.4 is in the Master and everywhere is different. Also politics are involved which always screws things up.

Yes the quote is from Mike Tyson.
You know I am stirring the pot to raise awareness. At the end of the day I am down for whatever outcome. Like I said though I bet it does not get the 50% or 2/3 votes. If it does people better be damn ready

Mooseknuckle

I do think they had some sort of plan. I think orion was part of that and it obviously didn't go like they thought. Getting Hoffa's group to tell us "we're all gonna die, let's live to fight another day" was also another part that ain't like they thought. Fastforward a bit to when Trump gets involved. That stands a healthy chance of not working out either. I personally think there's a "strike while the iron is hot" mentality in Atlanta because they have an anti-union ally in the Whitehouse. Trump may very well have too many problems of his own by the time this gets to an actual strike. But hey, I'm just a dumb cardboard jockey. Who knows.

F

Frankie's Friend

That was dumb. I file a crap ton of grievances and stick up for members if you can not debate and weigh options then you are a grunt.
I can debate anyone on valid issues but I cannot support getting sold out by the people we pay dues to.
Upstate said the union is on life support. It is from a self inflicted wound imo.

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
The problem with article 37 is it says "if a driver is PAID" not if the contract is violated. The devil is in the details. So if for whatever reason it is not PAID (I'm hoping not to offend 542thrunthru here) then it means nothing! they have to PAY the grievance to proceed.
I guess how we handle 9.5 issues in our area differs from others.

LagunaBrown

I do think they had some sort of plan. I think orion was part of that and it obviously didn't go like they thought. Getting Hoffa's group to tell us "we're all gonna die, let's live to fight another day" was also another part that ain't like they thought. Fastforward a bit to when Trump gets involved. That stands a healthy chance of not working out either. I personally think there's a "strike while the iron is hot" mentality in Atlanta because they have an anti-union ally in the Whitehouse. Trump may very well have too many problems of his own by the time this gets to an actual strike. But hey, I'm just a dumb cardboard jockey. Who knows.
I’m just a dumb cardboard jockey too brother. Who does know? Just beware, our families depend on us knowing all risks.

LagunaBrown

I can debate anyone on valid issues but I cannot support getting sold out by the people we pay dues to.
Upstate said the union is on life support. It is from a self inflicted wound imo.
You know I really do think there will be a strike within the next couple contracts. Do I think this is the one to do it? No