Under No Circumstances Can 22.4 Be Allowed To Remain

SameRightsForAll

Don't take it so personal. It goes off of post count. You can easily change it yourself. You seem very angry at the world.

What makes you say that? My posts are way nicer than what I've been reading here for years. I think you're singling me out to say I'm angry for a reason and I think it's because I'm telling the truth in my posts.

F

Frankie's Friend

You know I really do think there will be a strike within the next couple contracts. Do I think this is the one to do it? No
I respect your right to your opinion and how your supplement supports that.
I am hacked off on how this is going down and having a ba that is a pot is not a good combination.
It will be what it is but thank God this leadership is probably going away and we will possibly find people who can tell the truth.

LagunaBrown

I respect your right to your opinion and how your supplement supports that.
I am hacked off on how this is going down and having a ba that is a pot is not a good combination.
It will be what it is but thank God this leadership is probably going away and we will possibly find people who can tell the truth.
If your BA sucks get rid of that guy.

Mooseknuckle

I was talking about us
I honestly don't know but, you can't just go by what people in your building think or do. This is the whole country. Not everyone has the same rider or mentality as here. I'm hearing they have the pitchforks out in most of the country. Look at the last IBT election. Look at the last presidential election for that mater. No one in my area thought that Trump had any chance at all. Even people here that love him.

542thruNthru

9.5 issues in our area gets attention. It helps to have a good Business Agent.

This thread is about 22.4s. You said they would be covered by Article 19 of the WRS. I don't know why you keep bringing up RPCDs and 9.5

They will be covered by Article 19 but not by Article 37. So the company has no reason to even care if they file a Article 19 grievance. That's what I'm trying to tell you.

Honestly I've never had a 9.5 problem at my center. They don't violate us here and when they do they have paid each time. Granted it doesn't happen over night.

LagunaBrown

I honestly don't know but, you can't just go by what people in your building think or do. This is the whole country. Not everyone has the same rider or mentality as here. I'm hearing they have the pitchforks out in most of the country. Look at the last IBT election. Look at the last presidential election for that mater. No one in my area thought that Trump had any chance at all. Even people here that love him.
Crazy time for sure. We can’t let the IBT election or how much we hate our employer delegate how we vote. The only reason we all work here is because of the contract.

542thruNthru

What makes you say that? My posts are way nicer than what I've been reading here for years. I think you're singling me out to say I'm angry for a reason and I think it's because I'm telling the truth in my posts.

You just seemed angry that it still says "New Member" under your avatar. Seemed like a silly thing to be angry about.

F

Frankie's Friend

You just seemed angry that it still says "New Member" under your avatar. Seemed like a silly thing to be angry about.
His seniority is not being respected.
But seriously, I would love to be a new member.
You can break the tos more often and chalk it up to ignorance. Lol

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

The funny thing is that by the time I read his post about that, it had changed to member.

Brass tacks on the contract: You do not let fear guide your decisions. You draw a line in the sand, and you make your stand. My line is not devaluing ground work.

F

Frankie's Friend

I'm not going to let our local problems supersede the importance of doing what's right by the members of other locals.

I personally know some of the folks that work hard to bring a good TA back to the members.
I believe they're looking out for us in our region.

But it really hacks me off to see the ibt leadership succumb to giving our negotiated volume to our competitors with no real oversight because they fail to staff their own operations, keeping the union membership from growing by their own devices and spit in stewards faces who have spent countless hours fighting subcontracting and just plain theft of our bargained for work.
Screw the general election...
Anyone know where there's some tar and feathers? PM us.
Don't tell me to lighten up. I'm being truthful and most know it.

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
I am going to vote yes. I hope it passes. If you Vote no and get the 2/3 vote to down the National Master then I cant wait to see how many of you internet hero's handle a loss in volume. That's right I said loss in volume. Last contract the NMA passed and kept customers. If you guys get your wish you may just have to worry about layoffs and a President that will make us work through a contact dispute and possibly breaking the Union. Way to risk it all when we are getting huge $$$ on this contract guys. Ever heard about saving your battle for another day? I want you to tell me that stupid analogy about how negotiating a contract is like buying a car when we are on the strike line. It should be a good laugh then. The fact you think your gonna vote no and the company is going to drop to their knees is ridiculous! How many people do they fire and starve out because they know employees will crawl back with time served because they have bills. I could see a no vote if you never had a two tier driver but most of your areas already flipping have them at a lower economic value than a 22.4 WTF. Now I been in one strike and I got juice to hang if we get another but just like the obvious apathy, ignorance and propaganda going on with this contract I bet most of you wont even hang. Just keepin it real.
this is the same way I feel.

LagunaBrown

Lagunabrown, are you in management?
Actually I file a lot of grievances, won a crap ton of money from the company and helped get a bunch of guys their jobs back. I have been honored and elected by my peers to attend Teamster events. Anytime you wanna compare grievances I’m ready.

Last edited:

Mooseknuckle

Actually I file a lot of grievances, won a crap ton of money from the company and helped get a bunch of guys their jobs back. Anytime you wanna compare grievances I’m ready.
I'm just asking because there's a lot of management based out of your building. I honestly didn't know and really meant no offense. I know there are some management accounts on here.

LagunaBrown

I'm just asking because there's a lot of management based out of your building. I honestly didn't know and really meant no offense. I know there are some management accounts on here.
Not me brother and I don’t know of any management accounts out of our building on here. If so I would have fought them on here before. I know I raise some hard questions but I just want people to know all sides.