Uniform Policy for shorts

tapatio75

I'll tell you why! My legs don't get as cold as my arms do, and usually it's going to warm up enough to switch into a short sleeve later in the day. I wear it when it's brisk in the morning. It's like 40 in the morning and 70 during working hours here right now. So that temp change gets to me
We have jackets you know?

watdaflock?

Why wear a long-sleeve shirt and shorts.
Better question, why not?

On cooler days, wearing long sleeves helps keep your core temperature warmer, which also means your back is warmer. It's most important to keep your upper torso warm. Heat loss in your extremities has less impact on your body than heat loss near your vital organs. If your arms become cold, the rest of your upper torso may also.

Also, if a driver has to walk a lot, shorts are much more comfortable and less restricting.

Fact is, wearing long sleeve and shorts (on cooler days) end result is more production.

imo - wear shorts until temperatures gets close to freezing.

Last edited:
Better question, why not?

On cooler days, wearing long sleeves helps keep your core temperature warmer, which also means your back is warmer. It's most important to keep your upper torso warm. Heat loss in your extremities has less impact on your body than heat loss near your vital organs. If your arms become cold, the rest of your upper torso may also.

Also, if a driver has to walk a lot, shorts are much more comfortable and less restricting.

Fact is, wearing long sleeve and shorts (on cooler days) end result is more production.

imo - wear shorts until temperatures gets close to freezing.
Also not professional looking . And you have been driving how long?

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Does anyone know what the uniform guidelines are? I have been with ups for 16 years and now they are telling us at our facility that we cant wear a long sleeve shirt with shorts. If we do, we will get a warning letter, get suspended, or be sent home for being out of uniform. Does this sound crazy to anybody else?
Just wear it and follow a grievance if anybody questions you!