Union / Fedex / UPS - An Analogy

Hawk780

No One in Particular
Why does the company at a competitive disadvantage make so much more money than the other?

Interesting question, I think it's because we're truly much better at what we do than the competition. That is to say, we are still able to turn a profit even with our (significantly) higher fixed costs, because while we make more money overall, we have a much smaller profit margin, we just move a higher volume of packages.

But all of this is really tangential, what's important to me is that there is a competitive disadvantage. But that doesn't seem to resonate with the BC folks, so I'll give it a rest, can't hurt tryin.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
L.T.D. you are **************! I dont agree with you so i must be stupid, is that you answer. Well first off I dont think you are a UPS driver or employee with UPS at all. Even at UPS we require more intelligence than you seem to have, you asume that only an idiot would want a company to fairly compinsate its employees. Well I think that only a spineless fool would work for UPS when they believe that it is as evil and week minded as you seem to. Your argument is always the same, nothing new to add, well maybe you need to go stand out in front of a Fed-Ex building and do an accurate survey and get accurate results. I my friend have drank no cool-aid but you seem to suck from the Fed-Ex cool-aid troff on a hourly basis. Why dont you end this stunt and expose yourself for who you really are.

Last edited by a moderator:

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
What you wrote here? I completely agree, with one minor note;

"...which therefore will benefit my paycheck" Surely you can't be serious.

The laws would benefit my paycheck by helping my company to remain in existence. No company, no paycheck.

I know I could work for another company, but I like having a pension, benefits, decent wages, etc.

I know for a fact I cannot acquire those at FedEx Ground.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
L.T.D. you are a complete maroon! I dont agree with you so i must be stupid, is that you answer. Well first off I dont think you are a UPS driver or employee with UPS at all. Even at UPS we require more intelligence than you seem to have, you asume that only an idiot would want a company to fairly compinsate its employees. Well I think that only a spineless fool would work for UPS when they believe that it is as evil and week minded as you seem to. Your argument is always the same, nothing new to add, well maybe you need to go stand out in front of a Fed-Ex building and do an accurate survey and get accurate results. I my friend have drank no cool-aid but you seem to suck from the Fed-Ex cool-aid troff on a hourly basis. Why dont you end this stunt and expose yourself for who you really are.

Anything else? That all ya got?

I'd venture to say MOST people here don't agree with me, but that doesn't make one side or the other a maroon - just differing opinions.

I didn't see anything really to answer in what you wrote, so I guess I'll just say "Thanks for Playing"

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
The laws would benefit my paycheck by helping my company to remain in existence. No company, no paycheck.

I know I could work for another company, but I like having a pension, benefits, decent wages, etc.

I know for a fact I cannot acquire those at FedEx Ground.

OK, I understand that - I thought you were saying you'd see a benefit other than simply continuing your current employment, like a payraise or something.