Union not fighting for PT Workers

PTPunchingBag

In my building, we have been constantly having our 30 minute break and 10 minute break shortened by a few seconds and occasionally minutes. After countless times telling our shop steward and our agent, UPS has continued to do this. On top of that, we can no longer turn off the belt unless it’s in regards to BMW, or we would face being written up with sabotage. Many of my coworkers are scared to turn off the belt when they have egress due to this and it is causing people to work in unsafe conditions. However, the Union has not stepped up for us and even though they may talk to management, management continues to do this. It is honestly to the extent where people in my building are debating calling the state department of labor to investigate the matter. Is this the route that they should consider going due to my locals inability to fight for us on this matter?

possibleparrot381

It's not a bad idea at all the ups hotline could be a good idea too. Get enough attention on the center manager and they'll start fixing things

542thruNthru

In my building, we have been constantly having our 30 minute break and 10 minute break shortened by a few seconds and occasionally minutes. After countless times telling our shop steward and our agent, UPS has continued to do this. On top of that, we can no longer turn off the belt unless it’s in regards to BMW, or we would face being written up with sabotage. Many of my coworkers are scared to turn off the belt when they have egress due to this and it is causing people to work in unsafe conditions. However, the Union has not stepped up for us and even though they may talk to management, management continues to do this. It is honestly to the extent where people in my building are debating calling the state department of labor to investigate the matter. Is this the route that they should consider going due to my locals inability to fight for us on this matter?
Sabotage!?

I'd love to see that hold up.

You might have to start taking some more bathroom breaks.....

Integrity

Binge Poster
Before answering the question I would want to know all steps that you have taken to address this in the order in which you took them.

wilberforce15

Your not old enough to have kids so this makes no sense fool.
I have more kids than half this board put together or something.

I know that boomers got themselves taken care of by their parents. Old time Teamsters gave them a great start. They then turned every bit of leverage they had into cruising on higher wages on PT backs. Then they're going to bankrupt the pensions. Then they blame the part-timers for not participating when everything in the world was handed to the Boomers.

And we all just shut down the entire country and took 20 trillion dollars in debt so Maple Grove POS wouldn't get the sniffles.

We're going to strip your pensions as soon as we can and pour them into our own wages.

We just ask: What would boomers do?